Tactical Pens!

Since someone necrod this thread with spam, I must say that I'm getting a bit tired of the Fisher pens. They just start blobbing after a couple months for me. I need to find a better refill for the pens I have that use Fisher refills. Any suggestions?

Since someone necrod this thread with spam, I must say that I'm getting a bit tired of the Fisher pens. They just start blobbing after a couple months for me. I need to find a better refill for the pens I have that use Fisher refills. Any suggestions?

Have you tried the Fisher fine refils ?

they don't carry them in local stores here

and I hate that the default refil in every Fisher pen sold is medium

I do order the fine refils online and they are much more reasonable to use, far less blotchy.

I think Parker Jotter refills match the extended Fisher (with the adapter).

I've been using Fisher medium with no blobbing problems for years.

I'll give the fine point fishers a try. There is an office supply store he that has a decently stocked pen section, I might find the Parker refills too.

edcpen.jpg

I agree with the earlier post that mentioned going with a pen that does not look like a weapon. The pens that resemble a spike may cause problems if you had to use them defensively. You would almost do as well to use a legally carried gun or a knife. I really like the County Comm Embassy pen in titanium. It does not look like a weapon, but could help out in a pinch.

edcpen.jpg

I agree with the earlier post that mentioned going with a pen that does not look like a weapon. The pens that resemble a spike may cause problems if you had to use them defensively. You would almost do as well to use a legally carried gun or a knife. I really like the County Comm Embassy pen in titanium. It does not look like a weapon, but could help out in a pinch.

"The pens that resemble a spike may cause problems if you had to use them defensively[/I]."
I am curious as to what kind of problems when used defensively are you thinking of?

Not worth a "tacticool" pen..

There is absolutely no need for it... besides to waste your money and add weight into your pocket..

Ive tried them and dislike them... too heavy, dont feel comfortable as they are usually all metal and do not even write nicely...

Get a pilot gel g-2... it's a great pen.. and writes nice.. and you can order a ton of them for $10... you wont need another pen for years.....

Or $200 on a hinderer.. that writes less nicely.. and weighs alot more... and can get lost or stolen.. and u'd be left without a pen.. LOL

Seems like the choice is obvious..

LATER

Not worth a "tacticool" pen..

There is absolutely no need for it... besides to waste your money and add weight into your pocket..

Ive tried them and dislike them... too heavy, dont feel comfortable as they are usually all metal and do not even write nicely...

Get a pilot gel g-2... it's a great pen.. and writes nice.. and you can order a ton of them for $10... you wont need another pen for years.....

Or $200 on a hinderer.. that writes less nicely.. and weighs alot more... and can get lost or stolen.. and u'd be left without a pen.. LOL

Seems like the choice is obvious..

LATER

I am in agreement with you re: so called 'tactical' pens that are priced in the hundreds, are thick, weigh a ton, are easily spotted a.k.a. 'clocked' by being covered with 'knurling' over the majority of the body of the pen, not to mention if you should lose or misplace one how you would feel.
Additionally, I personally do not like so called 'tactical' pens that are designed with a semi sharp crenelated top and marketed as "DNA catchers"... which really do a great job at shredding the particular piece of clothing it's carried it in.
(Because of the crenelated top, an Op cannot use a thumb on top deploying in a powerful hammer grip)

The two so called 'tactical' pens that I own are not at all overly heavy, but not feather light as a clear plastic Bic pen and will not snap in half or crack upon impact.
One was priced less than $19.00 the other less than $50.00, both have flat tops for thumb placement allowing for a more forceful power backed deployment applied towards a potential aggressor.
Both have a minimal amount of knurling on them and when capped, the defensive end is non visible.

I only EDC one 'Tac.' pen, but EDC two regular standard writing pens, a *Zebra 701 (*what I call the "non-tactical, tactical pen") and a Fisher 'Cap-O-Matic Space Pen'.

I certainly have nothing against upper priced 'Tac.' pens, I personally prefer the ones that I have chose to EDC that are made in the U.S.A., won't break the bank or cause too much anguish if lost or misplaced.

KZ Stinger black and grey and 5.11 Double Duty Tactical 1.5 Pen Matte black.
(with offensive ends un-capped)

DSCN1714_zps03d7a775.jpg

(with writing ends un-capped)

DSCN1716_zpsb4fee425.jpg

Zebra 701 and Fisher Cap-O-Matic pen, tan and black

DSCN1715_zps611dd063.jpg

Last edited:

Have you tried the Parker Quink Flow? I think they write a little better than the Fisher.

Back