Recommendation? Taichung Workhorses

Thank you for the heads up on the sheaths being back in stock. I figured they weren't coming back since the program is over. Now I can stop using that mora sheath I've been using. :)

You're welcome.

Looks like the scales sold out quick but the sheaths are still available. Glad I was able to get a Bolatron to use w/one of the MTs that I just bought.

The mule team MT26 PM A11 (10V class) is a great "serious use" fixed blade and available for $69 + handle and sheath of your choosing.

DEUaypA.jpg
Hard to believe this Mule is still in stock. Nice edge on yours.

I got lucky and grabbed a sheath and scales before the scales were gone. Also threw in an MT27 to play with too. (had to get that "free" shipping ;))

I agree the MT26 has been extremely overlooked. 10V class steel with a good heat treat for $69 that takes a great edge and is easy to sharpen.

In case Spyderco runs out, Halpern still has some. They are running low on the 3d color options (same as the Spyderco scales) but have several options available for the 2D (flat) scales. I have both and prefer the 2D. The 3D scales fill the hand better but the flat scales resist twisting better.

Gayle Bradly 1- general hard use M4
Spydiechef - kitchen LBN200N
Techno 1- office CTS-XHP

My faves.

Attachments

• IMG_19052019_135743_(480_x_480_pixel).jpg
    IMG_19052019_135743_(480_x_480_pixel).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_19052019_135722_(480_x_480_pixel).jpg
    IMG_19052019_135722_(480_x_480_pixel).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
In case Spyderco runs out, Halpern still has some. They are running low on the 3d color options (same as the Spyderco scales) but have several options available for the 2D (flat) scales. I have both and prefer the 2D. The 3D scales fill the hand better but the flat scales resist twisting better.

Bought a pair of earth brown Option 4 (3D scales) from Halpern for the MT25 LC200N blade that I bought off of the Exchange before I saw that Spyderco was offering some but already have a MT23 20CV w/black Option 4 type scales on them and the different colors helps me ID the blade by color.

I prefer the Option 4 (3D) to the Option 5 (Flat) scales. There are more colors still available from Halpern in Option 5 but I'm not sure that MT blades w/Option 5 scales will fit properly in Spyderco's Bolatron sheaths which are designed for use w/the Option 4 scales.

You can get MT sheaths for use w/Option 5 scales from Azwelke Sheaths. I actually placed an order for one of Azwelke's sheaths before I saw that Spyderco had some Bolatron sheaths for sale and he very nicely canceled and refunded my payment for an Option 4 MT sheath. He also makes sheaths to use w/MT blades w/o any scales whatsoever.

Back