• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tales from Stupid Ebay

Yeah, this is how you lose a sale. I almost always ask for additional photos of centering and lock up if they aren’t shown in pictures or described clearly.

I kind of wonder if the reason the buyer asked wasn't because the OP didn't have the appropriate pictures. Whenever I do a folding knife sale, I like to include pictures of the lock when open and the tip of the blade when closed.

Obviously the would-be buyer was at fault regardless of what pictures were presented. They should have just trusted that the knife was perfect; sight unseen, and committed to the transaction without delay.

Those are questions you should have answered in your sales ad in the first place. Bad seller.

I have found Ebay descriptions to often be very lacking in details and or photos. The buyer did you a favor asking and thus filling in some of the blanks. Others also(likely) wanted to know the same, but didn't want to bother asking. Now the buyers have a more complete view of the item and all are on the same page as to what is for sale.
You should have covered the ?'s already in your description, then they wouldn't have to ask. They were all very basic ?'s , but the answers effect both desirability and value.

Last edited:
No links in this thread just funny stuff.

I'm currently selling away a lot of My collection circa 2012 to present on a certain site to pay off bills. My experience has been very positive working with other collectors but every now and then You get an inquiry like this. It was about my LionSteel SR2a orange:

Good morning,
How early is the lock up? Is the blade centered? Does it have any blade play?
Thank you

Yeah. My Response

How early is the lockup? Wtf? Yes it is centered it is a Lionsteel they all are centered. Blade play?
You obviously dont need to ask these questions If You had any experience with a LionSteel blade.
Thanks for the interest but I dont think this is the knife for You.

Maybe its just early and My lockup isnt guud
Thank you for not selling much here. And on ignore you go.....

Reactions: Mo2
So I can't help but to try to figure out life's little puzzles sometimes. :D

Inistis has been here since 2008, which made me think he might NOT be a troll even though he has participated not once in any forum here. Looking at his profile, he is from "San Bernadino Forest, CA". Going out to Ebay and doing a search on "Lionsteel SR2A" and doing a quick review of the orange-handled knives, there is one non-commercial seller located in Running Springs, California. A quick looksie on Google Maps points to Running Springs being about 20 miles NE of San Bernadino in the middle of a big forest.

The Ebay profile in question belongs to a fellow that goes by "russelcham_0" (that's a zero BTW). Bringing up other items he has for sale, I see six results, all knives. His description of the Lionsteel knife, in it's entirety, says this: "Collection piece. Never has seen any hard use. Knife is in excellent condition."

I wil let everyone here come to their own conclusions and make there own choices.

Last edited:

Inistis has been here since 2008, which made me think he might NOT be a troll even though he has participated not once in any forum here. Looking at his profile, he is from "San Bernadino Forest, CA". Going out to Ebay and doing a search on "Lionsteel SR2A" and doing a quick review of the orange-handled knives, there is one non-commercial seller located in Running Springs, California. A quick looksie on Google Maps points to Running Springs being about 20 miles NE of San Bernadino in the middle of a big forest.

The Ebay profile in question belongs to a fellow that goes by "russelcham_0" (that's a zero BTW). Bringing up other items he has for sale, I see six results, all knives. His description of the Lionsteel knife, in it's entirety, says this: "Collection piece. Never has seen any hard use. Knife is in excellent condition."

I wil let everyone here come to their own conclusions and make there own choices.
Damn that's even worse than this thread already is.

Op can walk the plank now. I hope the sharks are hungry.

^ I was right along with you on this one, OTE! Sometimes, you just got'z to know! :D

What I found to be most amusing/ironic, was the OPs decision after all this time, to come out of his shell & share his rather interesting, unconventional grasp on business ethics...

That, & the fact that he starts a thread here in the GBU, with the word "Stupid," in the title, yet he can't even spell his supposed home town correctly.

FYI OP, it's spelled: San Bernardino :thumbsup:

Damn that's even worse than this thread already is.

Op can walk the plank now. I hope the sharks are hungry.

It will be most interesting, seeing what the OP's reaction (if any) will be to the 100% constructive criticism he's received here so far. Hopefully it will be a positive learning experience for him. :)

I know this is off topic, but speaking of "walking the plank." I watched the movie, "The Goonies," two nights ago.

I'm guessing the last time I watched this movie, was prior to my fascination with knives? So when this scene came up, I found it to be quite entertaining, considering this movie was made I believe back in the 80's (pre MT OTF's). Any idea what type of OTF, that Mama Fratelli is brandishing in this scene? I also loved the "walk the plank" scene! :D

He’s been waiting ten years so his troll post could confuse and astound you.

He’s a long game troll. In 23 years he will answer this thread.

It will be most interesting, seeing what the OP's reaction (if any) will be to the 100% constructive criticism he's received here so far. Hopefully it will be a positive learning experience for him. :)

I know this is off topic, but speaking of "walking the plank." I watched the movie, "The Goonies," two nights ago.

I'm guessing the last time I watched this movie, was prior to my fascination with knives? So when this scene came up, I found it to be quite entertaining, considering this movie was made I believe back in the 80's (pre MT OTF's). Any idea what type of OTF, that Mama Fratelli is brandishing in this scene? I also loved the "walk the plank" scene! :D

It looks like one of those old cheap ‘80w switchblades that would often say NATO on the handle.

Super Automatic OTF

large

Hrmm, maybe. How's the lockup and centering?

:D

Oh eBay has some stupid descriptions all right - all those kitchen knives called [combat, tactical, Wow!] "Bowie" knives, for example. He had to put real effort in to find such a non-example of stupid. Weird.

Back