Tanto face off

Better Tanto?

• Big Bulldog

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Super Cqc 7

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I just got my emerson Tiger and hands down this is my grail knife. I have wanted to try an emerson tanto and cant decide between an emerson big bulldog or a super cqc-7. Can anyone give me the pros anc cons of each? I love the grip on my tiger, the same as a cqc 13. I have a cqc-15 and before it was comfortable but once i got my tiger my 15 became uncomfortable. And i actually like bigger knives, so the pocket room wont really matter. And would anyone like a review on the Tiger? Not many reviews of it on the internet

The Super 7 gets my vote. I was chasing a Big Bulldog for a while thinking it was going to be my go-to tanto Emerson but it just didn't work in my hand and I have big hands too. The Super 7 or even the regular-sized Bulldog was a lot better. The design on the CQC-7 handle just seems to work regardless of size.

Another vote for Super-7 here.

It's awesome, and fits very well in the hand. I found that it really needed a bigger thumb-disk for function, not aesthetics, so I got a PG Zirc disk on mine. It's perfect in every way otherwise.

I’m not a fan of the forced grip on the Big Bulldog. If it fits your hand, great. If not, it’ll never feel great.

I have both- Tiger and Superseven.
The Tiger handle (and CQC-13 handle) are my lovely handle.
DSC_b0581.jpg

The Super 7 is all handle and no blade. The real super 7 was the Benchmade Emerson 975. Now that's a knife.

So I just got my emerson Tiger and hands down this is my grail knife. I have wanted to try an emerson tanto and cant decide between an emerson big bulldog or a super cqc-7. Can anyone give me the pros anc cons of each? I love the grip on my tiger, the same as a cqc 13. I have a cqc-15 and before it was comfortable but once i got my tiger my 15 became uncomfortable. And i actually like bigger knives, so the pocket room wont really matter. And would anyone like a review on the Tiger? Not many reviews of it on the internet

Imho the 7 has a better handle. Its handle is actualy deceptively genius because it is so simple. It is extremely comfortable in every grip including ones with the edge facing inward. It also has just enough “guard” to prevent the band from riding up onto the blade during a stab.

My big bulldog came in and im so stoked !

I hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of your knife. I liked the bigger Emersons too at first but eventually decided the regular cqc7 was the perfect size for me. It just carries more comfortably in my pocket. My HD7 which is thinner than the linerlock Emersons even more so.

I hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of your knife. I liked the bigger Emersons too at first but eventually decided the regular cqc7 was the perfect size for me. It just carries more comfortably in my pocket. My HD7 which is thinner than the linerlock Emersons even more so.
If you had to choose between a super 7 or a regular 7, what would be your choice? might actually consider a regular but not too sure

If you had to choose between a super 7 or a regular 7, what would be your choice? might actually consider a regular but not too sure

Let me put it this way. If it was a knife that I strictly was going to use for self defense that I didn’t care about how comfortable it was to carry I would get a Super 7.

However the cqc7 is just a knife that hits certain sweet spots for me. It is ideal size for an edc knife and comfortable to carry. Imho it is one of the most practical Emersons ever, even one of the most practical knives ever. At the same time with a wave on it you can still use it for self defense. Are there better edc knives? Definitely. Are there better knives for self defense? Definitely. (Imho a self defense folding knife MUST have a wave or wavelike feature)

However no knife is so perfet in the middle as a great edc knife plus a great self defense knife like the cqc7. There are some other knives that can fill the role of both but the cqc7 is my absolute favourite. Its also got a tough tip that you would have to try and break off.

You could also consider the ZT 620/630 for something a tiny bit bigger than the cqc7. Not including Kershaws or ZTs I have had 8 or 9 cqc7s if I count my HD7 too.

u9Rvapv.jpg

cMiUW1B.jpg

jKVGlqA.jpg

It is my belief that every knife guy has to atleast try a cqc7.

Back