Teardrop

Steve I really like your Teardrop, you'll probably find the bone will smooth out and mellow quite a bit after a year, you may like it even more. I think it's a pattern that offers great value for the money (esp, lined up against GEC) If the D2 arrives sharp, then you're a made man as it's easy to keep it keen, strop it a bit. IF it comes blunt, it is a lot of work getting it there..... The Spear is very pointed, like a Zulu Spear perhaps, quite thin and the lock is a strong reassurance. 3 of mine have had excellent F&F the 4th a BEM certainly has issues, the nick is nearly under the liner which is borderline idiotic, it also had a chipped blade, no easy thing to fix on D2, but I don't like the BEM so it all gets ignored.

Here's my White Carved Stag Bone with a Bark River, really excellent knife, beautifully finished and I would never want to part with it.

IMG_3718.jpg

Thanks, Will

Steve I really like your Teardrop, you'll probably find the bone will smooth out and mellow quite a bit after a year, you may like it even more. I think it's a pattern that offers great value for the money (esp, lined up against GEC) If the D2 arrives sharp, then you're a made man as it's easy to keep it keen, strop it a bit. IF it comes blunt, it is a lot of work getting it there..... The Spear is very pointed, like a Zulu Spear perhaps, quite thin and the lock is a strong reassurance. 3 of mine have had excellent F&F the 4th a BEM certainly has issues, the nick is nearly under the liner which is borderline idiotic, it also had a chipped blade, no easy thing to fix on D2, but I don't like the BEM so it all gets ignored.

Here's my White Carved Stag Bone with a Bark River, really excellent knife, beautifully finished and I would never want to part with it.

IMG_3718.jpg

Thanks, Will

Thanks Will. I appreciate your insight. I actually rubbed the bone with some flitz to lighten it up a bit and I do like it much more. I've had my share of D2 re profiling and I agree.... not fun. Funny you mention the one that you don't like.... I think most of us have one or two of those!

Back