Techno 2 in my hands finally...

Summer adventure companion :)

techno2_m2_web.jpg

Pjake Pjake While i still enjoy my Techno2 for actual EDC, i am not an absolute fan of the model tbh. at some point in future i should/will open a short review thread, sharing my reasons and critical thoughts, if other shoppers are interested. these days i am ordering the @niru Suru Fox, solid scales version, crossing fingers that it wins me more over.

Please let us know what you like and don't like so much about your new Techno2!

Pjake Pjake While i still enjoy my Techno2 for actual EDC, i am not an absolute fan of the model tbh. at some point in future i should/will open a short review thread, sharing my reasons and critical thoughts, if other shoppers are interested. these days i am ordering the @niru Suru Fox, solid scales version, crossing fingers that it wins me more over.

Please let us know what you like and don't like so much about your new Techno2!

Thx kreisler...
I had a Techno1 that I liked, although the blade thickness at times drove me nuts....so I sold it. I liked the size, ergos, etc....so 'm giving the 2 a shot. About two weeks ago I sold my Suru Ti (with holes....urban supply exclusive). Really liked the knife...except did not like at all the huge belly design. The knife, while beautiful, was a bit too limited in it's range of uses (to me). We'll see how I get along with the Techno 2...(which actually is coming today!).
Peter

oh so you had experience with Techno1 (me too!) and the Suru Ti (with holes oic) and eventually sold them both off for a particular reason? then you'll also ...…(). am not gonna spoil here/yet hehe because you should have your chance and build your own critical thoughts without bias.

yes i will agree with you already that the suru's huge belly is far from optimal or welcome. i am going to try hard to work and live with it and even like it. i am worried a bit but maybe that silly belly is what makes the suru special, stand apart, not boring. the Techno1 was special too with belly, mouse shape, nice thick useless blade, and i still like everything about the knife; unfortunately i got hold of the lookalike CN product only, with fake[sic] Chinese D2 (i believe it is 8Cr13MoV, not even actual Chinese D2 as in Ganzo's recent releases). if i like everything else about the suru and have no other particular complaints, then the only critical aspect (the belly) won't be reason enough to turn me off and not use it as my #1 EDC knife. right now i am more concerned about how it rides (width? flipper tab pokey?) in my pocket. the Techno2 rides beautifully and never bothers me, not even its weight; i carry such a stout knife clipped horizontally in my pants pocket such that the blade spine line points to my groin not my feet. If the handle width isn't bothering but the flipper tab is, then i would consider grinding the tab down: such a blade shape exists commercially in the suru UK Heinnie edition which is a suru without flipper tab.

Pjake Pjake you had the suru ti, now trying the Techno2 instead, and i have the Techno2, now trying the suru ti instead. Too funny! :p

I plan to #2500 keep the Techno2 either way btw. :D

Last edited:
Received my Techno the other day. Very much an improvement in terms of performance in VERY limited use. I do however have a question. The copy I received has virtually no detent. I have to physically push the blade all the way into the frame. If I go real slow it will shut itself at around an eighth of an inch from shut. Conversely, I can quite easily flip my wrist, and the knife will fully deploy to the open position.

That can’t be normal........can it? I know my original Techno had a pretty significant detent. Blade deployment and return were much more stout.

Thoughts?
Peter

You should get it replaced. Detent is positive and there’s no way I can flip it open just with wrist flick.

Thanks for the response.
Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
Pjake Pjake there should be no self opening nor self closing at any point. the detent prevents that from happening and it works like any other regular detent. you need a finger press to get beyond the detent high point, after which the blade self closes shut (the very last 1.00mm).
what's the 2-letter code on the sticker of your retail box? is it "CS"?

Hey thanks. Yes it says CS. By closing ... I mean that ( on my orig Techno) the last .25" it would close if I were to slowly lower the blade. this one pretty much have to close it all the way. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I can flick it open pretty easily.

We're good... it actually takes a "certain" flick to open. Not going to worry about it.

So from the earlier thread on date codes this means march of '19 right? Does that matter?
Thanks,
Peter

Last edited:
when knife's erect (pointing to ceiling) and i press the lock bar with my right thumb, the blade falls 90 degrees to horizontal line, not further because my right thumb is still there. from there it doesn't fall shut no way and i'd use my right index finger to move the blade another 89 degrees and finally over the detent.

CS is correct but something's wrong with your unit, sorry to hear.

I wonder how would Techno 2 stack up against small Inkosi Insingo?Very similar idea of a usefull small blade.

Size wise how does the Techno 2 compare to the Lil Native or DragonFly II. Can someone post a photo of them holding the knife? So far I like what I see.

I had several Techno 1's and liked it, but the knife was too small in
my large hands... never ordered the newer model...

Back