Terrible day

Jarrett Fleming

I've had a pretty rough morning guys. Today I was on my way to church going down the main road in our county, and a older woman turned right in front of me. I was going about 55-60 mph and tried to slam on the brakes, but there was no way I could possibly stop. I hit her back passenger door. I thank god that no one was seriously injured. It was her fault, but I still feel bad about it. I'm still a little shaken up about the accident. If she would have had a passenger in the back of her car I don't think they would have made it. It stinks that my new truck is probably totaled, but it could have been much worse. My right thumb got a small scrape on it somehow, and my left shoulder is really sore from the seat belt. The state patrol officer told me that it would most likely feel a lot worse tomorrow. Depending on how my shoulder feels for the next few days I might not be able to work on any knives. So all of you that have orders with me please be patient.

Sorry that happened, hope you get to feeling better soon. Knives can wait, take care of yourself.

Thanks Trojan. I'll be fine. It just scared me because I've never been in any type of accident before.

That could have been A LOT worse. Glad you're ok Jarrett. You might ice your should down .. and your hands.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. I have been in four accidents "Non my fault" like yours and if all of your insurance's is paid up and the lady that caused the accident had insurance you may want to get your shoulder looked at.

I had my knee get slammed into the dash "with seats belts on" when a lady ran a stop sign and I hit a Lincoln Towncar while I was in a small import. My knee didn't feel bad till a few days had pasted and I could barely walk in five. So go get yourself checked out by a doctor tomorrow.

I am not sue crazy or any of that stuff, but my knee clicks and pops in the mornings some 25 years later and never was the same after that.. That's why we pay for all of these insurance premiums.

Rest up and feel better! Its normal to be in a slight state of shock after an impact like you were just in.

Thanks everyone.
Rhino I do have full coverage and the officer told me that she had valid insurance too. If my shoulder feels worse tomorrow I will probably go get it looked at. Right now it kinda just feels like I've been throwing a baseball or something for too long.

Jarrett:

I feel for you brother....glad that no body was hurt seriously. What the State Policeman said is true. There is definitely a delayed reaction a day or two later so you definitely want to get it checked out & rest. Take Bud's advice and get some ice on it for sure. Take your time and feel better, knives can definitely wait.

Peter

Thank you Peter. That's what a lot of people have been telling me, but I hope that's not the case for me. I've got knives to grind! :D

Very glad you and the other driver are ok....things can always be replaced but people can't. Rest and heal up.
Adam

Very glad you and the other driver are ok....things can always be replaced but people can't. Rest and heal up.
Adam

*Not sure how the double post happened*

Sorry to hear it Jarrett. As I am an avid motorcyclist, be glad you had a heavy truck to protect you, instead of being on a bike.

Hang in there bud, rest up and and keep the advil rolling. You are intitled to get checked out and have her insurance foot the bill, at least as of Feb. when I left the industry. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything my friend!!! Hope you can still make it Saturday!

Sorry to hear it Jarrett. As I am an avid motorcyclist, be glad you had a heavy truck to protect you, instead of being on a bike.
After riding my friends bike a few weeks ago I was actually kind of wanting one, but after todays experience I have completely lost my interest. If I would have been on a bike I would not be here typing this right now.
Hang in there bud, rest up and and keep the advil rolling. You are intitled to get checked out and have her insurance foot the bill, at least as of Feb. when I left the industry. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything my friend!!! Hope you can still make it Saturday!
Thanks Allen and I do still plan to make it on Saturday!

Very unsettling to hear about your accident. I am thankful that both parties are OK, but that result was lucky, especially given the pics. No fender bender this one.

Again, I'm glad to hear that you're GTG overall and that is fortunate. I've seen alot less damage with much more personal injuries as a result. I know you're shaken up and feel bad even though this way not your fault, but that in itself tells me alot about you......;).

Take care and whatever time you need to get back on track. That is your call to make.....:).

My best to you, yours and to the other party involved.

Ken

Oh Jarrett, so so sorry.
Bud's right, it could've been a lot worse! But, it sounds to me like God's not finished with what he has planned for you down here yet!
Rest up!
Chea

I was in a similar accident a few years ago, I know the feeling. The "what if's" are the worse. I am glad everyone is ok.

Mr. Jarrett I'm very sorry to read and see this! If I can help in any way please feel free to contact.

Back