Textured RF2 in the Works!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I stippled the frame perimeter and contours then patterned the flats... not sure what to call it but it looks cool!

Here's the very start of my forge build... blown burner parts!

When I see the pattern on the flats, I think about the term "stratification". How about "stratification finish"...

Dan, did this knife start life in a different style, say maybe green, and now is getting a full make over?

Dan, did this knife start life in a different style, say maybe green, and now is getting a full make over?
That's the one! You know he story... I decided to chamfer cut the lockbar recess because I just learned how to and then had a lo of fun after that!

Looks good man!
Much appreciated!

Is that a V-grind too?
It's half of a chisel grind on each side. :D

Yep, I believe so.
That!

V grind??!!
wtf?????????? :D
If you turn a V grind sideways it is like a chisel... lmao!

Daniel, I call that voodoo blue. I was told people that practice some forms of voodoo paint their houses or door this color to keep evil out. I really dig the contrast between the dark stonewash of the blade and the ano and texture of the handle. :thumbup:

Daniel, I call that voodoo blue. I was told people that practice some forms of voodoo paint their houses or door this color to keep evil out. I really dig the contrast between the dark stonewash of the blade and the ano and texture of the handle. :thumbup:

I like it! Voodoo Blue it is! Thanks FBC

By the way you are doing some killer anodizing or heat coloring! Nice work :cool:

Thanks again FBC, I gave you credit on FB too. :D

More preview pics for you guys!

This one is two tone blue with bronze/copper ano highlights on the wear areas! Post apocalyptic style... :D Light stonewash... it's my favorite RF2 yet and the texture feels nice!

SICKNESS!!! :thumbup:

Question,.. so was that table blue or you did the background just for the knife?!!:D

Back