TGULB No Regrets

I’m sure the Gladius will bring back that BUSSE feel, whenever it happens. The FHFG INFI RMD gives me a different feeling, like the most practical and useful knife I have, though still too large for my daily carry. A good, possibly second best kind of feeling, but not quite the same.

Going slightly off topic, but I have discovered since writing this that it is much easier to carry the RMD than I thought it would be. The Buy Brown sheath is just barely concealed by my longest button up shirt when untucked. Not something I’ll be able to pull off at work, but I will most certainly be carrying it (legally) concealed far more often than I ever expected.

Yes you are right it was a moment of weakness, I couldn't possibly part ways with my TGLB. I have had a lot of fond memories with that knife. It was my first Busse. I've camped with it, done a silly torture test on it because I believed it to be indestructible. it came out like a champ after piercing though my old cell phone that had bit the dust, with only a dinged tip.

I hope they offer this model again, the timing when they released it was way off course for my budget I had just gotten my fbm and infi ratmandu which are my prized blades.

If I remember well, Jerry said that TGULB was the last TG type they release.

Anyhow, I still hope we will see TGLB LE one day. I pray for it.

If I remember well, Jerry said that TGULB was the last TG type they release.

Anyhow, I still hope we will see TGLB LE one day. I pray for it.

Here's what Jerry said:

The TGULB is the final evolution of the Team Gemini Light Brigade concept!!!! :thumbsup::cool:

I take that to mean no completely new models, but I don't think that would exclude a rerelease of a prior model, or an LE version of something that's already been released.

Also, I don't think Jerry necessarily takes his drunken proclamations as contractually binding, and if he came up with a new idea, I don't think his prior puffery would stand in his way.

Besides, I still want a TGLB LE too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank You for the correct, precise citation.

Drunken proclamations... Great! Thanks. :thumbsup:

This is my lifebuoy....till TGLB LE arrives.

Last edited:
Oh I would like a TGUlB and TGLB LE ganzaa with the snowhole linen micarta or whatever else they uncover hidden under the couch.

Oh I would like a TGUlB and TGLB LE ganzaa with the snowhole linen micarta or whatever else they uncover hidden under the couch.

Maybe the Crab Shack could brew up some Skunk Junk Micarta...if ya never heard of "Skunk Junk" do a BF search on it here on Busse subforum ;)

I just got one TGULB...and I am glad I did. Totally different. I think my 3 favorite TGs are: TG Original, FTG, TGULB, then comes TGLB...when I hand smoothed and convexed my FTG, it really became one of my favorites...although the hand smoothed TGLBs are right up there...this is literally the only double guard knife I have ever purchased (I think) and the only ones I will likely ever buy...

Something about hand smoothed TG's are just awesome...I believe it is the slimming down of the handle profile that puts them over the edge for me...

IMHO......I feel any version or variant of an Original, Light Brigade, Battle Grade, Special Edition, or Ultra Light Brigade....will sell in top numbers due to the iconic values and just pure sweet bliss of ownership pride. Just my opinion....but I feel there is much desire for TGs no matter the style. After all....it was in a TV series.....and it has many uses in the field. One blade I am surely proud to own and have NEVER regretted owning one. TGLBS....and ALL versions Rock!

Might need me one of them there hand smoothin tutorials

I'll shoot you my process, I feel like I have had pretty good success in terms of getting it how I want and symmetry and not digging too deep so as to over-expose the tubes...going slow is the #1 factor!!! I will get it to you in the next few...

Hey, thanks! No rush on that, as I won’t be tackling taking on the project in the immediate future. Appreciate it.

....but I feel there is much desire for TGs no matter the style. After all....it was in a TV series.....and it has many uses in the field. One blade I am surely proud to own and have NEVER regretted owning one. TGLBS....and ALL versions Rock!

I am really glad they didnt use Gladius for darryl's knife, the mere thought of me collecting gladiuses makes my wallet shudders :p

Jeez you guys are killing me with all this TGULB praise. I have resisted any TG variant thus far; having many blades in this size range (Ratweiler, that is all!).

And yet, and yet...

OTOH I have three mechanical watches that need servicing, just booked our first-ever cruise to celebrate our 40th anniversary, and kinda wanna scratch that itch and get my first MSR. decisions, decisions....

Back