Thank you all GAW

mykel m

Gold Member
Just to say a big THANK YOU to all you kind folks here on the JK forums.
I love you all! (in a brotherly way of course:))

The Rules....damn rules.

One post is all you need to be entered.

State which one you prefer in your first post, traditional or modern and I will put names in respective bowls (Traditional or Modern) and pick the winners.

Open to anyone with 100 or more posts on Blade Forums.com

Closes on 31 of March this year.
Winners will be chosen the next day, Apr. 1st so I have time to sort everything out at my leisure.;)

Post as much as you want, but be respectful of what makers forum you're on and as always... keep it family friendly.:)
And remember pictures are always welcome and appreciated.
As are videos, good stories, jokes etc, etc.
Just post man, post, post and post some more!

All proud supporters get 3 entries.

Anyone on John's 'Knives on Order' list by closing time gets 3 entries. (the 100 post rule will be waived if you are under 100 posts on BF)

Paying members of BF get 2 entries unless you meet the qualifications above for 3 entries.

Everyone else gets 1 entry.

Disqualifications will be at mine and John's discretion.

You must be legally able to own a knife to enter.

'not ins' not allowed.:p
___________________________________________________________________________________

Prize option number 1 is...
a used but not abused Spyderco Military in Digicam G10, with a satin, plain edge, CPM S30V blade.
Made in Golden CO, USA, right here on Earth.

I got this one after getting my tax return back in one week :eek: and love the overall look and feel of it, but it's just too big for me.(It was an impulse buy and I didn't realize how big it was until I got it in hand.:eek:)

7c501c26-4fe2-4480-b3cb-6e74fad735bf.jpg

b05aef26-6362-4043-837d-0a907bfc88ec.jpg

And if a modern folder ain't your bag I offer as an alternative, option number 2....
a beautiful 2016 BF Traditional Forums Harness Jack.
Now this one was given to me in last years Christmas Gift exchange by GotSteel, but I'm not a fan of traditional spear points in folders and the poor thing just sits in the drawer, so I thought I'd offer it up for those that prefer a traditional knife in pocket vs that big ol' Spyderco. No offense I hope Joseph.
This is one of the first batch without the factory mod to the punch I do believe as the punch doesn't have the rounded shoulders of the modified second batch and both blades open as they should without having to open the other first as was the problem with some of out of the first batch.
Oh, and no red dot on the tube topper.
Finger prints not included.:eek:

DSCN0924.jpg

Okay, remember to state your preference.
Good luck to all.:thumbup:

Myke

Last edited:
I'm in. Modern please. It just so happens Spyderco knives are about the only things I can work one handed that aren't assisted-opening.

Thanks for the chance, Mykel.

I missed out on the 2016 harness jack so I'm in, thanks so much for the chance Mykel.

~Chip

What does this "not ins" not allowed stuff mean? (ain't that some kinda bad english:D) It's good to see everything slowly returning to normal for you. Smoke and prayers your way that life only gets better. If I have to be in I would prefer the 2016 BF, it would be a great companion for the BHK I received from a friend last Christmas.

Very cool GAW Mykel. I'm in for the Harness Jack.
Everyone need a traditional.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for the generosity Mykel!

No way i can pass up a chance to win the '16 BF knife!

Looks like im in for 3 chances.

Very generous GAW Mykel :thumbup:
I'm in for a shot at the Spyderco.
Thank you

Well I should get in on this for sure. I lost the exact same model spyderco military folder over in afghanistan. Acu and everything. Damn camouflage on the scales and I couldn't find it lol. It was well used and some might even say abused but was a great knife to say the least. Some goat herder walking the mountains over there probably found himself the nicest knife he had ever seen lol.

Thanks for the chance Myke! Your about a good of guy as there is around this joint.

I'm just happy to see you around, hope everything is going well for you Mykel.

I'm not going to dilute the waters putting extra chances in here, as I really don't need either of those knives, but you did say no "not ins". Just wanted to say thanks anyway.

If I win, pick someone YOU would like to win, and let them choose the knife.

I hope 2017 finishes better than it started!

Glenn

What does this "not ins" not allowed stuff mean? (ain't that some kinda bad english:D) It's good to see everything slowly returning to normal for you. Smoke and prayers your way that life only gets better. If I have to be in I would prefer the 2016 BF, it would be a great companion for the BHK I received from a friend last Christmas.
'Not ins' not allowed means everyone that posts is in.

Folks on this forum are always so generous!
Preachin' to the choir.

Well I should get in on this for sure. I lost the exact same model spyderco military folder over in afghanistan. Acu and everything. Damn camouflage on the scales and I couldn't find it lol. It was well used and some might even say abused but was a great knife to say the least. Some goat herder walking the mountains over there probably found himself the nicest knife he had ever seen lol.

Thanks for the chance Myke! Your about a good of guy as there is around this joint.
That was very generous of you to donate your Mili to a local before you left the scene.

I'm just happy to see you around, hope everything is going well for you Mykel.

I'm not going to dilute the waters putting extra chances in here, as I really don't need either of those knives, but you did say no "not ins". Just wanted to say thanks anyway.

If I win, pick someone YOU would like to win, and let them choose the knife.

I hope 2017 finishes better than it started!

Glenn
But, but, I want you to win Glenn. :)(along with everyone else of course)

I snoop around here alot but I don't post much anymore. I would go modern as I do mostly at work. It feels like a crime to abuse a traditional like I might as a construction worker and I often need quick deployment. Thank you greatly for the chance to win a military I have wanted one for a long time.

Oh and I have a nice old western camper like that my brother found in a culvert and I cleaned up when I was a kid. I still carry it when I go camping.

I'm not going to pass up on your generous offer. I am in.

Entry #1

I am interested in the modern option, since I would like the chance to review the Spyderco Military. (plus, I already own the 2016 Harness jack ;) )

And for the entry #2 that you so generously offer I give you a couple photos.
MountainLionMe.jpg
The first is a picture of me at work.
MountainLionLion.jpg
And the second is a picture of the mountain lion that followed me about 6 minutes later.

I've worked there a lot, but I have never seen that lion. Those cameras also catch bears. I've seen the scat, but never the animals.

Some day I'll get myself a JK knife, after all it is my initials too! But that day has not come yet.

Thank you, Mykel, for the super generous GAW. Both knives are beautiful examples of they genre, thou in my case the Spyderco would get more use.

I gotta say, this is one of the coolest spots on the interwebs to hang out.

Entry number 2
bc0b80af446a72d201fcc2a7086d2cd6.jpg

Shot of my birds snacking on some baked grains.

wow, what a GAW myke. quite generous.

i would like to win the 2016 BF knife. i like the military, but i'm with you. i don't need a folding knife with that much handle.

so, of course, i'm a proud jk supporter. i also currently have a knife on order. BUT...i don't know if it still will be by Mar 31. we'll see! very exciting!

and, for a little fun...my good friend texted me this morning. told me his 6 (7? 8?) year old son woke him up with a joke: "what's the difference between the atlanta falcons and a dollar bill?"

..."A dollar bill is good for 4 quarters"

take a bow kid! :D

thanks myke. cheers man.

Back