thank you, Boker! (vg10 Kwaiken flipper)

Good question. I think the CF Kwaiken was already in production before they switched to VG-10, so I don't think it will have it.

For those that didn't like the weight of the titanium version, the CF prototype I have weighs in at 4.43 oz, about 1 ounce less.

The one ounce weight difference between the regular titanium flipper and the BladeHQ exclusive polished carbon fiber version flipper is a big plus. Hopefully, the CF version will also be VG-10 and not AUS-8.

You guys act like carrying 1 ounce more is the difference between carrying a knife and carrying a brick. :p

Sure, we all know ounces add up to pounds, and every ounce counts...IF you're in the military or law enforcement. I don't think the average joe carries around a gear kit on a daily basis. You're better served losing that gut if you have one.

I've been looking for a flipper lately and after much research had decided on a Domino. I've always liked the Kwaiken but wasn't willing to spend $100 on AUS-8. Just ordered the VG-10 version from BHQ and can't wait to get it in. Thanks Boker! The Domino will have to wait.

Just got mine today from BHQ!

Blade is dead centered and rock solid lock up.

Flipping and detent are a bit stiff but will break in.

Nice finish on the blade and scales.

Nearly the same OAL open and closed as my VECP but a ton slimmer.

The VG10 model I have DOES NOT have the tip clearance issue or ricasso clearance issue as in previous models. Most likely due to raised liners.

Overall my only critique is there isn't any traction on the flipper, but that's minor.

Let the pimpin' commense!

I like the evolution of this knife and the design. Wish boker would up the size to at least 4.5 or bigger. do a titanium frame with a choice of scales, carbon fiber, g10 like VZ Grips g10, or just titanium. Maybe put out a Damascus version now that would be something I would shell out some $$$ for. XXL version Damascus blade titanium frame and Damascus scales.

Just found out our exclusive Carbon Fiber Smokewash Kwaiken will have the VG-10 steel blade! Nice surprise. Should have them soon.

Nice! CF, VG-10 and it's an ounce lighter! I like the Smokewash finish on the blade too.

boker-qwaiken-carbon-fiber-acid-wash-large.jpg

Last edited:
Just got mine. Beautiful knife. Little heavier than I normally like, but worth it. I didn't buy it for everyday use anyway. Super smooth, sharp out of the box and flawless fit and finish. Of course I immediately dropped it on the concrete and scratched the Ti scales. Argghh! Off to the buffing wheel. Also think I might try and electro-anodize the scales.

Nice! CF, VG-10 and it's an ounce lighter! I like the Smokewash finish on the blade too.

boker-qwaiken-carbon-fiber-acid-wash-large.jpg

I've been watching/waiting for this one for a while now, really glad to see the VG-10 upgrade. Kinda sad the listed price has gone up a bit tho. I'll still buy one tho, hope they don't go to quickly so I can snap one up!

I've been watching/waiting for this one for a while now, really glad to see the VG-10 upgrade. Kinda sad the listed price has gone up a bit tho. I'll still buy one tho, hope they don't go to quickly so I can snap one up!

Actually, I think the price differential is fair. I got the Titanium flipper with AUS-8 for $129 from BladeHQ and the CF one with smokewashed VG-10 blade is only $17 more.

Nah the price (in its sum totality) is definitely fair, and I'll still buy one. But since a Ti/AUS8=$129, vs Ti/VG10=$135(+$6), and the original CF/AUS8SKW=$135 vs the new CF/VG10SKW=$146(+$11), I'm not seeing the size of the increase adding up(tho it is still so small I don't care from a buying standing point). Then again a G10/440C Coye Ridgeback is $59 standard vs $125 for the CF/440CSKW version (+$66), I guess I should be glad it increase is only $11 lol.

Ordered it as well. Saw it in the Blade HQ September 2014 Newsletter.

I recently sold my AUS-8/Ti one in anticipation of this one coming out. Didn't expect they would be in stock so soon but I placed my order tonight. Looking forward to the CF having a bit more grip than the Ti scales and also the lighter weight.

Let me know how you like this new one .
I did not like the orange modified one b/c the flipper tab was a pain and the centering was bad.

Received my VG-10/CF Kwaiken Flipper (Serial# 0164). Weighs just 4.37 ounces compared to 5.47 ounces for the Ti version. Same great fit and finish. CF feels much better in the hand with better traction as well.

028d962a-1db8-4c8d-a2f4-bff627d2240c_zps9e10b450.jpg

3cb1a655-5404-4002-9741-3ac7d0b42e93_zps562dee35.jpg

b7020506-144b-49cf-879f-14675e88f62c_zpsaf8d10cd.jpg

Back