thank you, Boker! (vg10 Kwaiken flipper)

By the way, the backspacer on all the Boker Kwaiken flippers is titanium.

My new VG-10/CF has a lockup at about 80% whereas my AUS-8/Ti is at 40%. Should I be concerned? The geometry of the lock on the blade looks different.

Should I keep or send to BladeHQ or Boker?

By the way, the backspacer on all the Boker Kwaiken flippers is titanium.

My new VG-10/CF has a lockup at about 80% whereas my AUS-8/Ti is at 40%. Should I be concerned? The geometry of the lock on the blade looks different.

Should I keep or send to BladeHQ or Boker?

Mine arrived with some blemishes. The pivot screw has scratches and looks a little stripped. The CF has chips around the pivot hole and the lanyard hole. I'm also not sure what to do. It looks great overall but when held closer the Ti flipper has better fit and finish.

Flips great. Blade is sharp and centered. Looks fantastic. The CF offers much better traction. Weighs a full ounce less than the Ti.

Trying to decide if I need a Kwaiken or a Spyderco Domino more. :/

That's kind of what I figured, but Boker has always been an unknown to me, and I've been a Spyderco fan for years.

Well, I'm sending my Kwaiken VG-10/CF flipper back to BladeHQ for a better one. Mind you I really like it but the chips/scratches on the CF and the late lockup are too much. BladeHQ is looking for a better one and I'm hopping that will be the one. As long as the lockup problem is addressed I'll probably keep it. We shall see!

Mine arrived with some blemishes. The pivot screw has scratches and looks a little stripped. The CF has chips around the pivot hole and the lanyard hole. I'm also not sure what to do. It looks great overall but when held closer the Ti flipper has better fit and finish.

Exactly the problems mine has! To the T. And it's way off center. These might have been rushed. The geometry on the tang seems to have a large radius. I'm exchanging for a ZT0801BW. Boker is 50/50 all the time.

Exactly the problems mine has! To the T. And it's way off center. These might have been rushed. The geometry on the tang seems to have a large radius. I'm exchanging for a ZT0801BW. Boker is 50/50 all the time.

Mine has the same issues, but it came with a centered blade, and the lockup is good at 30-40%. Was so excited for this knife due to the CF scales, but a bit disappointed. Still a nice knife though. Sharp and flips great.

Mine came in today looking pretty good!! Centered and no rough spots......
happy camper, flips like crazy!

15299583286_bccd294f56_c.jpg

15299583446_138206488c_c.jpg

15322622335_b28e826f12_b.jpg

OMFG, BHQ acid stonewash ver is sold out!!??!!

anyone might want to let theirs go, please let me know...

The replacement Kwaiken CF flipper came in and it's much better. Most importantly, the lockup is early like my Kwaiken Ti flipper. There are still very small chips in the CF around the holes but no biggie. It's a keeper. The new one is serial# 0198.

Here are my three Boker Kwaiken folders. From top to bottom:

• AUS-8, Orange G-10, Thumb Disc (BladeHQ Exclusive 01BO292)
  • AUS-8, Titanium, Flipper (01BO296)
  • VG-10, CF, Flipper (BladeHQ Exclusive 01BO299)

c9b37e4f-8afe-41dd-9133-0c9af12640be_zps03d73d19.jpg

e4d19272-8be3-44ed-b13f-18620ec84346_zpsfa01d6f7.jpg

dc3eb7ea-68a2-4432-a2ec-364647600479_zpsf68cb97d.jpg

Congratulations on a nice set. I have the exact same three. :)

Bladehq certainly takes care of their customers.

I've been looking forward to this knife for SUCH a long time...

BUT REALLY?
$134?
I can never get it.
Way out of my price range.
:(

I saw the VG-10 CF version on gpknives today (Boker Plus Kwaiken Carbon Fiber Flipper Satin VG-10 01BO298)

They were listed on bladehq as an exclusive. I guess they are actually generally available.

I saw the VG-10 CF version on gpknives today (Boker Plus Kwaiken Carbon Fiber Flipper Satin VG-10 01BO298)

They were listed on bladehq as an exclusive. I guess they are actually generally available.

The BHQ is blackwashed (exclusive). This one is not.

Back