Thank You!

Recently the Danish government proposed a law to prohibit carry of any sharp or pointed objects on the street. No knives at all tolerate on the streets!
This law was very close to pass and be accepted.
2 weeks ago we started a Thread named "help us" and asked to everybody of the forum if they could help us by writing a letter to our parlement.
Few member of the Blade Forum said they will write,(out of the 950 times this thread have been reading) but to all of them who made the step to write I want to say thank you.
Today the majority of the government spoke against this law and this law will be droped.
It's great to see that some of us are still willing to fight for our right and DO something about it.Thanks to all of them.

To name a few, special thanks to: Nic Ramirez; shane 45-1911; Esav Benyamin; F-22; The porcupine; Tzvi; Panella; French kiss; Frank K; Roadrunner; and sorry if I forgot some! :D :D

Congratulations Olivier! This makes my day! I hope everyone in BladeForums reads this and is heartened by what dedicated people can achieve.

All right! That's incredible news! Glad we here at BF had a small part in it. Maybe our part was even bigger than we thought, it's hard to say. I just can't believe it, common sense prevailed in government for a change!

AWESOME OPOSSUM!

thats really great, I am SO GLAD that I could help. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Oliverplomion,

Wisconsin is the 'sister state' of Denmark, and very few people know that laws are passed with 'reciprocity.'

In Wisconsin, you can no longer carry a Victor Borge CD on your person, no matter what your intent!

WOOOHWOOO, that was worth writing a few words if it has helped! Great news!

Demande et tu auras... c'est pas ca?:D

well, actualy I'm sure all of you who writed was a part of this process, Denmark is a very little country (5 millions people) and every vote or letter count in this kind of process, so you guys can be proud!

Now you all need to get CCW (Concealed Carry Wepons Permits) for Handguns and you'll be way better off.

Now is the time to go on the political offensive, seems the people ARE fed up. Educate them on the sucess such permits have been in the American South.

Deo Vindici

hahahahahahaha I wish! but imagine that even if they droped this law, we're still only allowed to carry 2.75" folders...and one hand opening folder are still prohibited! So imagine if we talk about gun carry...

ALL RIGHT!!!

(sorry Oli I just saw this and better late than never I guess :rolleyes:)

This is great news, atta boy fellas!! :D

Actually guys the fight is not over!!!!!! This stupid law was not proposed cause a majority of the parlement tough it was overreacted from the Justice Minister...
Just after the law proposition was rejected, all the incident with knives were blowed up in the press and TV for some time, so now, after some months with "knives crimes" on the first side of news papers every week, the Justice minister just proposed the law again!!! Those methods truly look like Dictatorial propaganda! If you don't accept it, we will make you accept it! TERRIBLE!!! :barf:
And we live in Denmark!!!!

the law project is simple: no sharp or pointed will be allowed to be carried on the street, and this new law will give the right to the police to empty the pockets of who they want without any reason!
a Police State! :barf:

Back