Thanks for the hospitality folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirryacus

BANNED
It's been fun and I appreciate the kindness everyone has shown in this sub-forum but I will probably banned soon.

Not if you just stay out of things and post about your knife interests.

Well, I've tried to give you advice on this twice. Just walk away and ignore. My ignore list is very long. Not everyone is worth your time listening to or reacting to.

So anyway, any particular traditional knife pattern you've been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to yet? One that really surprised me was the medium toothpick. It wasn't until I tried the GEC version of it that I was hooked. I've got three of them now. My GEC #12 Powderhorn Jack is my most carried GEC.

Well, I've tried to give you advice on this twice. Just walk away and ignore. My ignore list is very long. Not everyone is worth your time listening to or reacting to.

So anyway, any particular traditional knife pattern you've been wanting to try but haven't gotten around to yet? One that really surprised me was the medium toothpick. It wasn't until I tried the GEC version of it that I was hooked. I've got three of them now. My GEC #12 Powderhorn Jack is my most carried GEC.
I only deal in absolutes it's either them or me and it's clearly not going to be them so I will have to be banned.

I've never tried a toothpick, but it's been on my list. I've handled them, but never owned one or even pocketed one. I understand that they carry quite comfortably for the length. I suppose it's the california clip that most of them have that's kept me from trying them. I'm not a huge fan of that profile.

I only deal in absolutes it's either them or me and it's clearly not going to be them so I will have to be banned.

Only Sith deal in absolutes.

But, if you are not a Sith, here are some traditional knives..........

Last edited:
I've never tried a toothpick, but it's been on my list. I've handled them, but never owned one or even pocketed one. I understand that they carry quite comfortably for the length. I suppose it's the california clip that most of them have that's kept me from trying them. I'm not a huge fan of that profile.
That was my thing about them, too. I had a Case Tiny Toothpick and it was just too petite. Plenty of things it probably would be good for, but not my thing.

But the GEC versions - well they are a whole other thing. 4" long with sturdy blades. The Powderhorn Jack has a full clip blade. Looks almost exactly like the blade on the latest 77 SFO but it's a little longer.

Anyway, I ended up with 3 of them -the Jack and two Toothpicks. More of that one pattern than any other GEC in my collection. Until just now, with the NF Barlow making my 3rd 77.

John, Ive tried one of the Tidioute #12 toothpicks and was surpriced by how much I liked it. The ergonomics of it fit well. Did they ever make an ebony or african blackwood in the lower profile clip (the name of the clip point escapes me)?

Edit: Some have the corset shield that I like as well.

Brett, there was a single-blade "full-clip" 12 in the Powderhorn style made in 2011 in Ebony.

121111-ebony1-700x422.png

I'd try to post some pics of my three but Photobucket is acting up and I'm using the miserable on-screen keyboard on my wife's iPad which make posting annoying enough as it is.

Yeah, Ive seen that one, but was curious of the lower profiled clip where the nick more towards the tip. Its been a long day and cant remember the name of that clip design.

I rarely see the saber grinds pop up.

Edit: Appreciate that though John. :thumbup: Time for me to call it a night.

I was surprised by the CS serpentine stockman. I had never liked the stockman pattern, but I think they had all been somewhat smaller. The extra size made all the difference.

So look here, Sirryacus. You got me, Cory, and Brett sitting here chatting. Brett's just up the road a bit and my wife met his family last year. He was doing this giveaway to raise money for St Jude's Children's Research Hospital and she was dropping off a knife I contributed to the cause.

I'm sitting here at home sipping on some bourbon. The cat in my avatar pic is near my feet wanting me to come play with him. I used a Case Peanut day before yesterday to cut open a cardboard box holding a huge crate that had a Great Dane kennel cage in it so we could set up a refuge for a pregnant stray cat that we trapped outside a busy warehouse where it lived in the parking lot. My wife volunteers with a cat rescue agency and she's a pro at catching them. We have her set up at a home with a good family who are going to adopt her and several of her kittens.

I just mailed a knife to a college student in Europe I have never met, just because what the heck, sometimes it's just nice to do something good for people.

This is the Porch. That's how it is around here. Hang out here and be welcome. You don't have to walk down to the biker bar and kick over their motorcycles because one of them said something insulting to you, just to prove you don't take no guff off nobody. Just walk away. Pull up a chair. Winter is coming and we'll be lighting a fire in the stove in a bit.

I miss having a wood stove... but I don't miss it being my ONLY form of heat! ...nothing like the warmth from a wood stove.

I don't recall if I've ever owned a modern toothpick knife. Had a few oldies that were quite nice. I find a broader blade more convenient for sharpening. But those 12s do look nice. ...actually, that blade doesn't look so narrow in your photos. Have to give those a look.

I appreciate the offer but I'll have to respectfully decline, if I have to share the forum with people like that I would rather not be on the forum.

You may do as you wish, but you must do it in the correct forum.
So if you want to talk about such things, it won't be in the Traditional Forum.
In the Traditional Forum, we talk about knives.

I tried a toothpick but couldn't get past the California clip blade. Everything else was fine- it was comfortable in hand and pocket and my example had excellent finish- but they are just not for me.

You can always just log out and not come back. Then in 2 years when you want to talk knives, and the same people aren't here, you can just come back.

But hey.. I tried. You know that cat we rescued? There was another one we were going to go back and try to catch next. I saw him dead on the roadside the very next morning. Tough thing to learn in animal rescue - you can't save them all, you can only do your best.

So be careful crossing the street. It's a busy road with lots of trucks. I tried, but you can't save them all.

DSC_0504_zpsavszpe5m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ive got a couple of old beaters but after seeing some of those nice looking powder horns I might just have to save up for one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back