The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

Came out great!! Nice work!

Many thanks my friend! Much appreciated. I don't have a whole lot of experience with the skills involved in doing mods like these, but when I get get an idea in my head I just can't rest until I figure out a way to make them happen. It's fun doing my best to learn how, and the results are always rewarding.

Finished, for now. After being done I realized I wanted a little more aggressive of a stonewash, but that'll be a project for another day. For now I am happy enough with the results, which are much more my style than the original.

Ct5EaFu.jpg

fIMarVK.jpg

Turned out great! Nothing beats a good stonewashed finish on a knife that's going to see use. :)

I had to pull the VERY talented David Williamson out of retirement for these. :D

The Mule Team up top is a repair job he did for me. There were some high spots in the canvas Micarta that I wasn't able to flatten correctly, so David graciously did it for me. I'm going to do a bit more work on the finish and then it's being gifted to my brother in law (who ALSO just had a baby, lol).

The one on bottom Mule Team was done completely by David and features African Blackwood scales with red G10 liners. I love how it turned out. I'm not sure anything out there beats African Blackwood or Desert Ironwood in my book.

xzlpKIy.jpg

The next project is to take a bunch of micro-mesh pads to the bone handled Mule Team and make it really shine. :)

53Q3dlL.jpg

About a week and a half ago I got tired of how tired my old ZT0095BW was looking. I reached out to Chip to see what he could do and we settled on a blasted finish with satin flats. I only have one pic from a while back before that I will share but on one page back you can see a pic that Chip shared of how truly tired and worn they were. About an hour ago now, I received the scales back. All I can say is Wow. I am blown away at how truly awesome this knife looks now. I can’t wait to carry and use this knife.

Old and Busted

New Hotness

Thanks WValtakis WValtakis

Last edited:
About a week and a half ago I got tired of how tired my old ZT0095BW was looking. I reached out to Chip to see what he could do and we settled on a blasted finish with satin flats. I only have one pic from a while back before that I will share but on one page back you can see a pic that Chip shared of how truly tired and worn they were. About an hour ago now, I received the scales back. All I can say is Wow. I am blown away at how truly awesome this knife looks now. I can’t wait to carry and use this knife.

Old and Busted

New Hotness

Thanks WValtakis WValtakis
Nothing like some new sparkle for an old love to rekindle the flames;)

Put a brushed finish on another Case knife. I'm pretty much doing this with every Case I pick up these days. Looks better than the polished IMO, plus it gets rid of the fingerprint magnet issue. Not to mention the process is so satisfying, even meditative. This one had likely been sitting on the shelf for a while (discontinued color) so I had to polish off some tarnish when it arrived. Then, at the last minute I got the idea to leave the stripes on the bolster polished while brushing the rest. Man, I'm glad I did. Turned it into a little jewel. I was questioning my purchase when it arrived but now I just love the way this thing pops. Anyhow, no big deal but it made this knife guy's morning, and I wanted to share my moment of Zen with my fellow "Can't leave anything alone"ers. :)

iBbrTSl.jpg

NgF4Nte.jpg

rundKzM.jpg

I added finger grooves to this Buck 117 Brahma. It looked good until I took this picture in bright sun light. The pictures show flaws my eyes didn’t see.

Went back to fix it, then got a worn sanding drum to polish the grooves. It looks better now.

Last edited:
Back