The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

After long deliberation I'll be picking up a large Sebenza with that leopard engraving. I guess some might find it tacky and friends adviced me on a micarta inlay one, but there's something about it that I find very pleasing to the eye. I love me some full steel handles usually, and I like the subtle color scene.
Picking it up next Thursday.
crseb21l-cgg-lprd$05-chris-reeve-crseb21l-cgg-lprd-05.jpg

crseb21l-cgg-lprd$03-chris-reeve-crseb21l-cgg-lprd-03.jpg

Had a small sebenza once but it turned out I much prefer bigger blades, and I'm done doing this dance where I buy knives half the price of the sebenza because the latter is so expensive, only to end up sitting on several thousands worth of 200-300 dollar a piece knives. And I love all of them but who am I fooling, might as well get what I want and be done with this.

After long deliberation I'll be picking up a large Sebenza with that leopard engraving. I guess some might find it tacky and friends adviced me on a micarta inlay one, but there's something about it that I find very pleasing to the eye. I love me some full steel handles usually, and I like the subtle color scene.
Picking it up next Thursday.
crseb21l-cgg-lprd$05-chris-reeve-crseb21l-cgg-lprd-05.jpg

crseb21l-cgg-lprd$03-chris-reeve-crseb21l-cgg-lprd-03.jpg

Had a small sebenza once but it turned out I much prefer bigger blades, and I'm done doing this dance where I buy knives half the price of the sebenza because the latter is so expensive, only to end up sitting on several thousands worth of 200-300 dollar a piece knives. And I love all of them but who am I fooling, might as well get what I want and be done with this.
I got my wife that knife in a small. It's pretty cool.

As for inbounds, I have a Wilson Combat Starbenza 25 incoming.

Damn. I was so impressed with the PDW Sebenza I just ordered my first Umnumzaan. I had points for a gift card (at you know where) so it was a no brainer.

This might turn into a problem...

I have my first ever Chris Reeve coming. :D :D
Welcome to the sickness. We have seen your future. ;) :D
What's funny is that theoretically I don't like all Ti handles. But I think what I really don't like is how so many people do all Ti handles - with lots of curves and milling and swoopy lines and added, er, stuff. I like the simplicity of these. It's one of the reasons I love Emersons (and I am not comparing, and I know Emersons are a polarizing brand).

But I saw that PDW Sebenza and it was love at first sight.

What's funny is that theoretically I don't like all Ti handles. But I think what I really don't like is how so many people do all Ti handles - with lots of curves and milling and swoopy lines and added, er, stuff. I like the simplicity of these. It's one of the reasons I love Emersons (and I am not comparing, and I know Emersons are a polarizing brand).

But I saw that PDW Sebenza and it was love at first sight.

Those PDW's really do have some fans, the detail is amazing. I had one briefly, had to check it out for myself. I was really impressed, even though I prefer inlays and fancier designs. One of the great things about CRK's is they have enough variants that there's bound to be at least one for most anyone.

Just pulled the trigger on one of my grail knives. Night Sky on the way. I wasn't able to post the store pic because they won't let you download them. I'm not sure if they are a forum sponsor or not so I won't post the link to it.

This will mean two weeks of peanut butter sandwiches and bowls of ramen but I can live with it. I've been wanting one for about 11 years now so I'm real excited. There was actually a little bit of adrenaline when I hit the "buy now" button. They had several to choose from and I got one with a nice mountain and plenty of trees. :)

Just pulled the trigger on one of my grail knives. Night Sky on the way. I wasn't able to post the store pic because they won't let you download them. I'm not sure if they are a forum sponsor or not so I won't post the link to it.

This will mean two weeks of peanut butter sandwiches and bowls of ramen but I can live with it. I've been wanting one for about 11 years now so I'm real excited. There was actually a little bit of adrenaline when I hit the "buy now" button. They had several to choose from and I got one with a nice mountain and plenty of trees. :)

You most certainly deserve the best knife!

Run bar on a windows pc, type: snipping tool..Enter

Select corner-to-corner of what you want to copy-
Save to where you want
Upload to BF or your favorite picture host
we all enjoy :)

Basic instructions anyway.. Congrats! You are welcome to wait until it comes in to upload some pics.

Just pulled the trigger on one of my grail knives. Night Sky on the way. I wasn't able to post the store pic because they won't let you download them. I'm not sure if they are a forum sponsor or not so I won't post the link to it. This will mean two weeks of peanut butter sandwiches and bowls of ramen but I can live with it. I've been wanting one for about 11 years now so I'm real excited. There was actually a little bit of adrenaline when I hit the "buy now" button. They had several to choose from and I got one with a nice mountain and plenty of trees. :)
Congrats! I’ve spent too much time staring at pix of Night Sky and Morning Sun UG’s and they’re both on my grail list. Sadly, finances just haven’t allowed me the ability to make any headway on that list for a while now.

Run bar on a windows pc, type: snipping tool..Enter

Select corner-to-corner of what you want to copy-
Save to where you want
Upload to BF or your favorite picture host
we all enjoy :)

Basic instructions anyway.. Congrats! You are welcome to wait until it comes in to upload some pics.

I had no idea you could do that. That was really nice of you to take the time to show me how. Thanks for the help BH!

Made possible by bhyde:

full

Back