The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I think that the Field Knife was always the FK. If you put a 'U' in there people will start to confuse it with the UF (Utility Fighter).. Just my 0.02

I think that the Field Knife was always the FK. If you put a 'U' in there people will start to confuse it with the UF (Utility Fighter).. Just my 0.02
Yes, I know. And herein lies the question, which was followed by a plethora of varied responses, on this page and the prior.

Yes, I know. And herein lies the question, which was followed by a plethora of varied responses, on this page and the prior.
Bob, since it was referenced numerous times in the sale thread as the Utility Field Knife by none other than Nathan himself, I feel pretty certain that is the official name.

And wasn't the HDFK going by the name "Fluffer" for a while?

Yes and no. What would become the HDFK first went through a series of tweaks, mostly to the handle. "Fluffer" was a comic name given to the precursors and sometimes the production model, not used that often, actually. Here is an image of one of those precursors to the HDFK, which might have been referred to in that manner.

orig.jpg

Bob, since it was referenced numerous times in the sale thread as the Utility Field Knife by none other than Nathan himself, I feel pretty certain that is the official name.

Yes, I know. If you read my original question to Nathan, you will see that was exactly the point and question of my post, to which I guess many are not referring.

Yes, I know. If you read my original question to Nathan, you will see that was exactly the point and question of my post, to which I guess many are not referring.
Oh I read it. I also re read the sales thread as well before I posted. I was simply weighing in that based on the fact that in more than one instance, two actually, he referred to it as the utility field knife that I think the answer is obvious and it is the actual name of the model, whether Nathan comes her to answer or not.

I would suspect the only reason he hasn't is he is trying to keep 14K pounds of Mori from smashing his pecker, and maybe the rest of him for that matter.

Back