The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Not Nathan, but that's basic high school physics to magnetize a piece of iron/steel that isn't magnetic yet.
High school physics? Please, I was captain of the football team, I took shop, P.E. and art while you were learning that useless chit.

Ya know, I once blocked for a guy that scored four touchdowns for Polk High in the All City Championship, better recognize.....

Now the compass thing is cool !!!! That I did not know !!!

Now with multiple passes the magnetic effect is still only short term if I remember correctly. Thank you for the added pm ^^
Info.
The strength of the magnet, proximity and number of passes will determine how strongly the piece of metal gets magnetized. Do it enough and it will be permanently magnetized.

The compass trick would require using a magnet to re-reverse the polarity, otherwise it would permanently have the North tip pointing to the South.

*** More interesting anecdotal info about messing with compasses: when I first discovered the trick, I kept messing around with a cheap compass, flipping the polarity.

The first time, I compared it with a good compass, and it looked to be perfectly reversed, i.e. someone using the compass who realized that for whatever reason, the needle was reversed, could still use it accurately for orienteering with the understanding that the needle is reversed.

Somewhere along the way, after flipping the polarity several times, I managed to screw the compass up badly enough that the needle no longer aligned North and South :confused:. The compass was trash after that.

Whatever I did to it to screw it up, it was permanently misaligned off N-S by somewhere between 12 - 25 degrees. I could reverse the polarity, but I could never get it back to align N-S.

Heya Nathan, I have a question:

Can you please tell me what is the exact question in the last 10 posts or so? :D
Geeeezzzzz can’t a guy be curious lol :)
Think of how this can help bird hunters !?!?? You’ll no longer have to find the steel shot ! Lol. While dressing it out it’ll stick to the blade ;)o_Oo_O:D
Magic !!!!!!!!!

Hey Nathan (or someone else with the info)

Can I get the dimensions for the EDC3? I noticed there will be a sale next week, and am looking for a good EDC fixed blade. I just don't want it to be too large to carry comfortable and unobtrusively.

Thanks

Nathan, would it be too embarrassing for YOU if "someone" started a We-Love-Nathan Thread, knowing that showering you with personal accolades are against your unassuming and somewhat bashful nature?

Many of the regulars on here already either know or have a hunch that you personally go above and beyond the call of duty to correct things which do not seem like perfection to you at that time, but only few people may know that you absorb ALL those lo$$es without even an iota of complaint, b*tching and moaning, and more crucially w/o immediately passing on the co$ts to your end users in order to cushion yourself.

So the question is, who's gonna start your <3 thread? Oh, don't look at me because I'm just a sh*t stirrer :p

Nathan, would it be too embarrassing for YOU if "someone" started a We-Love-Nathan Thread, knowing that showering you with personal accolades are against your unassuming and somewhat bashful nature?

Many of the regulars on here already either know or have a hunch that you personally go above and beyond the call of duty to correct things which do not seem like perfection to you at that time, but only few people may know that you absorb ALL those lo$$es without even an iota of complaint, b*tching and moaning, and more crucially w/o immediately passing on the co$ts to your end users in order to cushion yourself.

So the question is, who's gonna start your <3 thread? Oh, don't look at me because I'm just a sh*t stirrer :p

Communicating with a spoken and written language is a defining characteristic of being human and the ability to put a thought from one's head into another person's head with shaped scribbles and uttered sounds is nearly magical. But, as fantastic as this ability is and as beautiful and wonderful as language is, it is still just a crude approximation used to convey thoughts, without the ability to truly capture the nuance and depth of the extent to which I don't care.

:D

Communicating with a spoken and written language is a defining characteristic of being human and the ability to put a thought from one's head into another person's head with shaped scribbles and uttered sounds is nearly magical. But, as fantastic as this ability is and as beautiful and wonderful as language is, it is still just a crude approximation used to convey thoughts, without the ability to truly capture the nuance and depth of the extent to which I don't care.

I fuckin' love it, lol!!!

edit: and notably quotable

Nathan, (or anyone else thst has the answer),

How does the handle on the MC compare to the handle on the BC.
I just got a BC and i am having a little trouble finding a comfortable grip.
It seems like the handle is just a tad too large for my hands, and i dont really have small hands.
Just seems like the swell doesnt ride quite where it needs to be in my hand.
Ive never owned a knife this size, so im sure i need to get used to it and thst could be part of it.
Its like if my hand was a tiny bit larger, it would be a sweet fit.
So i was wondering how the MC handle compares?

Thank you

It seems like the handle is just a tad too large for my hands, and i dont really have small hands.
Ive never owned a knife this size, so im sure i need to get used to it and thst could be part of it.

Thank you
the handle is designed for hard use and feels better under those conditions than under static fondling conditions. An undersized handle on an oversized knife is a recipe for cramped and sore hands

TLDR summary:

Please send me all your words of affirmation, they are my #1 love language.

TLDR summary:

Please send me all your words of affirmation, they are my #1 love language.

Reverse psychology at its most eloquent!

Thank you

Like Wood said, exact same scales. The MC is thinner stock so the total circumference is a bit less on the MC compared to the BC. In my experience, that, along with the overall balance/weight of the package, changes the feel between the two greatly. The MC hits the sweet spot for me. If the BC doesn't end up working out, I'd say the MC still deserves a look.

Back