The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Is this the preview of the prototype for the so-called Amazon (mass market, non-signature series) line of the upcoming Utility Field Knife? Are you thinking MagnaCut vs D3V for that line and if so, what about the signature series SDFK? TIA.

ETA: I guess non-skeletonized handles?

Is this the preview of the prototype for the so-called Amazon (mass market, non-signature series) line of the upcoming Utility Field Knife? Are you thinking MagnaCut vs D3V for that line and if so, what about the signature series SDFK? TIA.

ETA: I guess non-skeletonized handles?

Yes this is the Amazon mass market knife. We will be making them in our normal Delta 3V. these are MC prototypes for me to do some heat treat development work on the new steel and they will not be offered for sale

Hey Nathan great to see prototypes like this. good luck with them.

Some time ago I had to sell my EDC2. now I'm thinking to buy it again, but also now DEK model is intriguing me. don't have budget as big to go for both right now.
so wanted to ask you which one would you recommend to get? + I have normal-large hands, FK2 feels amazing in my hand, tho have heard it's pretty bulky for some people with smaller hands.

Can you please tell me pros and cons in EDC2 vs DEK?
Want to choose one for everyday use (well, yeah lol EDC name tell by itself that I'm created for everyday use, but DEK intrigued me).
size difference isn't big deal for me 4.5" vs 3.3" = 1.2 inch isn't too much. also talking for AR-Trvlr's thread RC on DEK is 60-61 and RC on EDC is 61-62, so EDC is bit hard and bit less tough or no? wanna hear your opinion about this.

Oh and one more question Nathan, I've seen your posts where you say that you prefer Medium Chopper over other choppers. And that MC is underrated by people.

So please can you tell us why you prefer MC over other choppers? What is special in it?
And if standard MC is that good, what about HDMC? Wouls you choose HDMC over others like you did for MC or?
Do thoses differences between MC and HDMC play key role when it comes to actual use and chopping stuff?

Back