The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

More of a statement than a question but......yes please to a double edged variant. It’s one of my favourite knives.
l24R5nz.jpg

I don’t see Ebonite as a scale option listed for the upcoming UF2. Is Ebonite out for this run? Thanks in advance.

I think we're out of it. I imported it from the only high quality manufacturer still making it today in Japan. I like it, but it's optimized for musical instruments, pipe stems and pens etc and I would like to tweak it a little for our application but they're not interested in working with me so I plan to make my own (the raw materials are available and curing it is not complicated.)

Nathan, would you please clarify for me the double edge dagger grind option for the UF2?
View attachment 1572688View attachment 1572687Is it the top photo or the bottom, which was the Double Edge Fighter option on OG UF?
I stole pics from satin grind post, top is Gusbuster Gusbuster and bottom is Tigerden Tigerden
(Thank you, fellas)

Swarthy,

Nathan had just recently responded to a very similar question. See below.

The double edge option on the UF preorder looked like the 2nd photo.

If there are a lot of orders for the double edge in the current preorder, we can expect something similar again. If there are only a small amount of double edged ordered, the option will likely look closer to the first pic.

In addition to the standard UF, I will also offer a double edged version of it. The sale will be for a rear bevel ground onto the standard, but if there is much interest I'll do a double edge variation instead.

hope that’s helpful.
#notNathan

Back