The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

What would happen if the authorities caught you using the Behemother to take out some aggressive zombies?
Would they just take it away from you or would there also be fines/jail time?
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a zombies right to unlive. And I think it’s great that your country treats them as a protected class of citizens, but if they are aggressively coming after your brains and you protect yourself - does your weapon of choice automatically qualify as a “zombie knife/weapon”?
If the zombie also had a large knife then it would be considered appropriate to match the force.

Anything used offensively becomes an 'offensive weapon' once used or threatened to be used. So if I'm dealing with an unarmed (or unlegged) zombie and I wave my banana at them then that is now a weapon.

When importing items here. We can have swords, double edges, daggers etc but if anything is described as a weapon then it's not allowed

They added the zombie knives law to combat items that looked aggressive but wasn't described that way. Serrated back edges on green and orange blades stuff

You can now no longer have a curved sword over 20" because they fear ninjas more than zombies

If an item is seized you have to appear before the Queen to beg for a pardon. If you beat her nominated knight in a cucumber eating sandwich everyone cheers and drinks tea.

If the zombie also had a large knife then it would be considered appropriate to match the force.

Anything used offensively becomes an 'offensive weapon' once used or threatened to be used. So if I'm dealing with an unarmed (or unlegged) zombie and I wave my banana at them then that is now a weapon.

When importing items here. We can have swords, double edges, daggers etc but if anything is described as a weapon then it's not allowed

They added the zombie knives law to combat items that looked aggressive but wasn't described that way. Serrated back edges on green and orange blades stuff

You can now no longer have a curved sword over 20" because they fear ninjas more than zombies

If an item is seized you have to appear before the Queen to beg for a pardon. If you beat her nominated knight in a cucumber eating sandwich everyone cheers and drinks tea.
Beg the Queen for a pardon, yeah sure.
View attachment 1720655

What would happen if the authorities caught you using the Behemother to take out some aggressive zombies?
Would they just take it away from you or would there also be fines/jail time?
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a zombies right to unlive. And I think it’s great that your country treats them as a protected class of citizens, but if they are aggressively coming after your brains and you protect yourself - does your weapon of choice automatically qualify as a “zombie knife/weapon”?

hahaha that was good.

yeah you are right, basically even fork can be classified as "zombie weapon" if used against "zombies". Yeah, in the UK zombies are protected!

Honestly, I do not know what happens if you get caught up with a prohibited item that is classified as a weapon in the UK. But I really do not want to find out knowing how items are demonised and blamed for crimes rather than actual people using them. The gun crimes (e.g. mass school or public shootings) is a big problem in the US and similarly the knife related crimes is a big issues in the UK. It is much easier for a government and the public to demonise the items and blame them for crimes rather than actual people using them to commit a crime. So, the governments usually impose such meaningless legislations (e.g. zombie knives" or serrated edges) to make the voters happy, but not helping to fight the crime at all.

Ahhh, Camelot!.

Right now those projects are on the whiteboard but not on the schedule.
I really like the idea of this thread:

Maybe as a sticky. I’m not looking for daily updates. Maybe just every other month an update to reflect adjustments in production schedule, what’s on the whiteboard. Just a vague outline. I also understand you’re a busy man and I’d much rather have you making those wonderful knives - but if you have the time.

I really like the idea of this thread:

Maybe as a sticky. I’m not looking for daily updates. Maybe just every other month an update to reflect adjustments in production schedule, what’s on the whiteboard. Just a vague outline. I also understand you’re a busy man and I’d much rather have you making those wonderful knives - but if you have the time.
Hmmm...

How are the poll options on the forum? It would be pretty awesome to list whiteboard options in a poll that folks could vote on, especially if it could be made into a multiple choice poll.

Folks could vote on their top 3 whiteboard options, and it would provide a simple way to see which potential projects garner the most interest/votes.

Hmmm...

How are the poll options on the forum? It would be pretty awesome to list whiteboard options in a poll that folks could vote on, especially if it could be made into a multiple choice poll.

Folks could vote on their top 3 whiteboard options, and it would provide a simple way to see which potential projects garner the most interest/votes.
All I want to see is the elusive folder before I pass to the great spirit in the sky.🤨

All I want to see is the elusive folder before I pass to the great spirit in the sky.🤨
Dammit, Martin, I didn't know you were such a dark cloud kinda guy, you're gonna be around for a long time yet, brother.

At the same time, please let the family know that you wanted me to have your osage skinner when that time comes, you know, just in case..........:p

Dammit, Martin, I didn't know you were such a dark cloud kinda guy, you're gonna be around for a long time yet, brother.

At the same time, please let the family know that you wanted me to have your osage skinner when that time comes, you know, just in case..........:p
Just trying to light a fire under Nathan’s behind, you know how much of a softie he is.☺️ If you want to have that skinner for awhile shoot me an address where to post, with all the new things coming out I can figure something out if need be.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Take cover!
You’re in Jo’s lane.

Hi Nathan,

I apologize if there is an obvious answer for this or if you've answered it before. How come I keep seeing Kepharts pop up on the site, but not any DEK1s? I know you just did a preorder for the DEKs, which I unfortunately missed, but am I just too slow to the draw on them, or are the Kepharts made with excess from another project purhaps? Thanks man!

Hi Nathan,

I apologize if there is an obvious answer for this or if you've answered it before. How come I keep seeing Kepharts pop up on the site, but not any DEK1s? I know you just did a preorder for the DEKs, which I unfortunately missed, but am I just too slow to the draw on them, or are the Kepharts made with excess from another project purhaps? Thanks man!

We still have stock of Kepharts that we can finish out but 3V DEK1 are sold out. There are a few remaining in AEBL but they sell quickly when Jo puts them on the site.

There was some particularly good looking desert ironwood at this show (possibly a built up backlog of material since there wasn't a show last year) so I cleaned the guy out of the best stuff for the UF pre-order. Got so much material it was difficult to move.

I also get the best stabilized Nicholas every year. There's a particular look I'm going for with my integrals and there's always a few pieces that do it for me. They had quite a bit of very good stuff this year so I stocked up for the upcoming Integral Shivs.

Nathan, are today's FFS scales from this new block? Truly stunning and my advance genuine grats to its new owner whoever she may be!

Back