The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I am VERY excited about this. D2. Yes! HDFK PROTO? Yes. Please may I sign up for 1? Or 2? I am first in line.

This is interesting. Anyone else catch that?

I'll try to grab up a D2 for you if you'd like as I'm going to stick with my 2 preorders in D3V.

This was a molten salt bath variation of D3V and I was hoping it was going to be the next big thing. We've been testing it and it isn't.

bummer, sorry to hear it bud. I still haven't used anything that compares to D3V, so take comfort in that :)

Did I miss the bulletin? Is the NASK the same as HDFK? Or is the HDFK the FK2? I thought that meant he was starting on protos for a new heavier field knife version, separate from the NASK

If I jumped to wrong conclusions then just ignore my warbling.

Brian, NASK is one of the nicknames for HDFK. FK 2.0 has been discussed / conceptualized as a skinnier and slightly shorter version of the current FK.

Brian, NASK is one of the nicknames for HDFK. FK 2.0 has been discussed / conceptualized as a skinnier and slightly shorter version of the current FK.

Oh well, a guy can get excited I guess. But a D2 proto is still a very desirable thing.

Nathan, do you recall how many of the Shiv's in 3V you have made? Thanks in Advance;):thumbsup:

Nathan, has there been any cancellation of any LC orders from the preorder list of Jan 2017 and if so, will you be perhaps offering those cancelled orders during an upcoming Friday sale? I can't fathom that there will be much of anything if any, but that will be welcomed news to some folks if any left overs. Additionally is the LC now considered a retired pattern or will there by any variation of the LC in say D2 or 4V?

Thank you in advance and I'm hoping that I'm not giving any LC seekers any false hopes!

Indeed. Fluffer is the only acceptable moniker as it predates both NASK and HDFK. Generic acronyms must give way to names with personality!

We are butchering lambs and deer in October. Anyone want to come, bring knives and test your blade performance in actual butchering experience? I will be trying out a new skinner design since Justin won't send me his Nathan skinner.

What state are you in? I live in Australia but I might be visiting a friend in Lousiana during Oct/Nov/Dec. Still not planned yet.

Back