The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

D2 HDFK ~ 24
D3V HDFK ~160 (mostly for preorder)
BC ~ 10
MC ~ 50
LC in 4V ~24
EDC in D3V ~175
Competition cutter ~???

^ basically in that order. All of those are in process now in one stage or another.

We're doing the final grinding, finishing and sharpening on the last 10 LC preorder now (should be totally finished in two weeks), the HDFK finished on the pig today and is over half done on the Mori (80 went to Peter's today), we started setup on the MC on the pig today, we're starting cutting material for the EDC tomorrow (will start on Romi in one week), there are 4V LC and D3V BC machined and awaiting grinding and HT. The competition cutter and a one-off custom project (an integral) are both in the design phase now, everything else material is here and at some point in the process.

edit to add: we're sawing up a bunch of antique micarta (edge grain) for the HDFK order now and will start laminating it to black micarta liner next week. Our big horizontal bandsaw looks like a huge blob of brown shmoo right now.

Sweet.. gon' get me some HDFK and some EDC..

That's a lot of knives in ~4 months time. If you can get it done I will be seriously impressed. Make sure to take a break every now and again so all three of you can pat each other on the back "well done" :thumbsup:

Oh we won't have all of that done in four months. That's work in process that will mostly yield some, but not all of it, by the end of the year.

The competition cutter is a priority because there are races we need to get it into before Worlds next year. The BC will get started, but might languish on the shelf for a while once it gets time for bevels and scales.

It looks like globs of mud. Actually it kinda is globs of mud. It looks like someone fed Taco Bell to an elderly horse which then got sick. But not like a normal kind of sick but a really mean and vindictive kind of sick, like a retaliation for the TB. On the saw.

It smells funny too...

....shmoo...

D2 HDFK ~ 24
D3V HDFK ~160 (mostly for preorder)
BC ~ 10
MC ~ 50
LC in 4V ~24
EDC in D3V ~175
Competition cutter ~???

^ basically in that order. All of those are in process now in one stage or another.

We're doing the final grinding, finishing and sharpening on the last 10 LC preorder now (should be totally finished in two weeks), the HDFK finished on the pig today and is over half done on the Mori (80 went to Peter's today), we started setup on the MC on the pig today, we're starting cutting material for the EDC tomorrow (will start on Romi in one week), there are 4V LC and D3V BC machined and awaiting grinding and HT. The competition cutter and a one-off custom project (an integral) are both in the design phase now, everything else material is here and at some point in the process.

edit to add: we're sawing up a bunch of antique micarta (edge grain) for the HDFK order now and will start laminating it to black micarta liner next week. Our big horizontal bandsaw looks like a huge blob of brown shmoo right now.
Thanks you sir, this is exactly what I wanted to see:thumbsup::DIt would appear the plan is to produces 443 knives:eek:
I would ASSUME some sort of Pre-order might be offered?

Last edited:
we had a cat named Shmoo when I was a youngster, that managed to die under my bed. Speaking of foul smelling things you find called shmoo...

Shmoo reminds me of the schmutz you'd get on your face and your mother would lick a napkin and wipe off in front of all your friends.

Stupid schmutz.

Oh we won't have all of that done in four months. That's work in process that will mostly yield some, but not all of it, by the end of the year.

The competition cutter is a priority because there are races we need to get it into before Worlds next year. The BC will get started, but might languish on the shelf for a while once it gets time for bevels and scales.

I don't see where that 4 months period for all that work was deduced from your original post, but perhaps you had reworded and edited the OP. Nevertheless, I was very pleased (extremely very, if that's even an edumacated phrase!) to see the choppers in different sized strongly embedded on that list. LCs in 4V, eh? That was indeed a very nice surprise you had snuck in there ;)

Weeeeeeeee! Lots of CPKs for us happy folk! Excited to see the Competition Chopper in there. I expect it's going to be a very technical and extremely high performance expression of what Nathan's mind in collaboration and the shop can create.

We're gonna need to start a CPK Sub-Forum sponsorship for Jo!

Whose in?

Weeeeeeeee! Lots of CPKs for us happy folk! Excited to see the Competition Chopper in there. I expect it's going to be a very technical and extremely high performance expression of what Nathan's mind in collaboration and the shop can create.

We're gonna need to start a CPK Sub-Forum sponsorship for Jo!

Whose in?

As long as my logo gets a small spot on the small shirts she wears lol :thumbsup:

Back