The Beer Scout Knife

With the bail and easy open this will make a perfect fishing knife. Got me a saw cut bone reserved :thumbup:

I'm in for the Smooth Ivory Bone (reserved one for my dad too). :) I'm waffling on the cocobolo but will probably stay satisfied with the one.

Last edited:
Smooth bone, tortoise shell acrylic and sawcut for me :)

This knife has all the bells and whistles!!

Very true, the fact that GEC is really listening to their customer base is huge! I know several people were disappointed to not have seen an EO in this last run of boys knives.

These are obviously a wise move on GEC's part. Less than 24 hours after their announcement, we already have a 4 page thread and they won't even be here for 3-4 months! I predict these will be gone immediately upon release. I really like that these are unique from all the other #15's and it's about time they switched up the cover choices!

I'm already on the hook for an ebony, ivory and tortoise shell.... and now there's SFO's in the works? I'm glad I don't have much interest in the other models coming up.

I kind of like the easy open notch. I wear gloves at work a lot so if I have to use a nick, it doesn't get carried.

Very true, the fact that GEC is really listening to their customer base is huge! I know several people were disappointed to not have seen an EO in this last run of boys knives.

I was definitely one of them. Came to traditionals late and by the time I saw all the models I really enjoyed. 85, 15, 77, 47, they had all been in past runs. Especially the scout. Got one of the past 15's just to hold and I'm glad I did since now I know it makes a perfect slim carry.

Still can't decide in my head what configurations to be certain on but it looks like tortoise acrylic, sawcut and smooth bone are everyone's favourite. Really great array of choices for everyone to pick from on this run.

I'm already on the hook for an ebony, ivory and tortoise shell.... and now there's SFO's in the works? I'm glad I don't have much interest in the other models coming up...

From where did you hear that? Very curious/thank you.

Here is an SFO 15 that Mike ran last year. The handles are Cocobolo and if you imagine the screwdriver/cap lifter blade in place of the saw blade, they will look like this. Plus the bolster pins will be flush and there will be an EO notch and a shield. :) Oh.....and no liner lock.

IMG_1350_zpszkazkiyi.jpg

Like a few others here with exquisite taste, I'm in for the sawcut, smooth and tortoise shell :D Still, somewhere deep down I would really like one in slim stag. Never going to happen on a Tidioute but just maybe a Northfield version can surface as an SFO? Stranger things have happened....

I'm probably in the minority but I'd prefer no shield and have "beer scout" appear as a stylized blade etch. Either way I'm down for at least two....

You got it Bob! I think Evan gets credit for the first mods to show up, then there were a few "sheeplifters" at last year's Rendezvous, and now we get a full run! How sweet it is! :)
So we're looking at a blend of these three. :D :thumbup:
Beerlow+Scout+Lanyard Tube. :thumbup:

Back