The Beer Scout Knife

Everytime I look at the handle options that cocobolo keeps screaming to me for some reason. I put down a "sure" in the reserve for the chestnut and tortoise shell, changed my mind on the smooth bone since I don't need it. But a nice wood option...stop it cocobolo, stop it!!!

oh man ... this would be like my dream knife. guess I know what I'm saving up for next! may have to pass on this round of #73 frame knives, even though I'd love to have one of them too...

Should be a great looking knife! I have one of those 1 of 6 Sunbrite Sheeplifters, from the 2014 Rendezvous, coming in right now. This Beer Scout will be the Trifecta!

I chose the Smooth Ivory bone for the reason many did, just a classic look IMO. Then I chose the Tortoise Shell acrylic as a second, just to own something a bit more different and unique. I wonder which handle will be the most sought after in the end?

Should be a great looking knife! I have one of those 1 of 6 Sunbrite Sheeplifters, from the 2014 Rendezvous, coming in right now. This Beer Scout will be the Trifecta!

I chose the Smooth Ivory bone for the reason many did, just a classic look IMO. Then I chose the Tortoise Shell acrylic as a second, just to own something a bit more different and unique. I wonder which handle will be the most sought after in the end?
My SFO will be the most sought after! Shield will say soda scout and it will have root beer micarta scales.

(The above info is in no way, shape, or form factual. Only a dream that would be awesome!)

My SFO will be the most sought after! Shield will say soda scout and it will have root beer micarta scales.

(The above info is in no way, shape, or form factual. Only a dream that would be awesome!)

This would be the perfect version for me. (Even better: root beer colored acrylic.)

Lol, mine would say "Coca Cola" or "Cola Scout" I've been a serious Coca Cola collector for almost 25 years now!
image.jpg

You got it Bob! I think Evan gets credit for the first mods to show up, then there were a few "sheeplifters" at last year's Rendezvous, and now we get a full run! How sweet it is! :)

Are you sure it wasn't the other way 'round, GEC's version first, then Evan's making it happen for so many others?

(I'd say, "Correct me if I'm wrong," but there's no danger of that not happening 'round here. :D)

No matter what the order, I'm glad to have jumped on the last of these at GEC's Rendezvous...

IMG_5141.jpg~original

IMG_4726.jpg~original

... and am excited for everyone else who can now grab a variation of the same. :)

~ P.
firmly in the Bail Camp

I just hope they have that Tortoise Shell ready to go when the time comes! Second choice.... Dead Skunk!

Mine too Kyle! "It's The Pause That Refreshes"

Sarah, that is a very pretty one! Love that jiggin and all you have to do is see that bail on the bare end and a longer shield,,,BAM!

We run two had stations and up until 5 years ago coca cola was the one vendor that would bend over backwards for ya.

Everytime I look at the handle options that cocobolo keeps screaming to me for some reason. I put down a "sure" in the reserve for the chestnut and tortoise shell, changed my mind on the smooth bone since I don't need it. But a nice wood option...stop it cocobolo, stop it!!!

I feel the exact same way..put down for smooth and sawcut but the grain of well done wood is unbeatable

I put in for the ebony and a maybe for the smooth bone. Trouble with smooth bone is, it can be really good or just so so. If it's not really good, I'd just as soon have jigged. JMO

Are you sure it wasn't the other way 'round, GEC's version first, then Evan's making it happen for so many others?

(I'd say, "Correct me if I'm wrong," but there's no danger of that not happening 'round here. :D)

Nope, t'was I who created the first sheepsfoot/caplifter combo last June, and had made around another 10 by the time the rendezvous rolled around. ;)

Always love seeing that beer scout, Sarah. What a beautiful piece. :thumbup:

Nope, t'was I who created the first sheepsfoot/caplifter combo last June, and had made around another 10 by the time the rendezvous rolled around. ;)

Always love seeing that beer scout, Sarah. What a beautiful piece. :thumbup:

Aha! Thanks for the clarification, Evan. :)

~ P.

Wow. This thread just made my whole month. I'm in the minority though, as I went right for the gabon ebony.

Back