1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Best of The Best

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by eveled, Oct 26, 2019.

1. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    LOL! I never heard that one before. The French Canadian tradesmen I knew when I was a kid used to call them Italian ratchets.

“Look at that stripped bolt!”

“Someone used an Italian ratchet on it!”

No offense to Italians. Being French Canadian we tended to fight with the Italians. In a good natured way. After fighting with them my entire life. My DNA test says I’m 30% Italian. 0% French. Go figure.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    jmh33 likes this.
  2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Lol I'm 50% Italian, Sicilian in fact. Speaking of Italy and hanging people in the streets, it worked with Mussolini. Hasn't been a dicktator there since. Yes I know I spelled it wrong.

jkwithawave likes this.
  3. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I have a lot of items that I only have one of from a specific brand, but would make me consider replacing with the same or similar from that country.

I have a Marmot down jacket, 800 fill, that is over 10 years old. Most jackets/coats tend to rip easily. Not this thing. I'll probably replace it next year, it's very worn, starting to lose down. I put a thick hooded sweatshirt on under it, and I'm warm down to about 15°F.

My leather UGGs. Not your typical boots by UGG. 6 years and still going strong, though the vibram soles are fairly worn. I love them. Problem is, they are long discontinued. The lastest similar style lacks the vibram soles.

Pics are from January. No longer using a walker, haven't needed it since March.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eveled and jux t like this.
  4. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Or a pencil.

5. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    For wool, the best is wool from alpaca.

6. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    My wife's Tokyo built 2006 4Runner now has >270,000 miles on it. It has less than 5 when we bought it in February 2006. Reliable. Reliable. Reliable.

jmh33 likes this.