The Big One! 18" of .262" 5160 - Sold, Thanks!

Don't thank me till I actually get them together! But you've inspired me, not just with your knives but also they way you dive into stuff with abandon. I used to be that guy and something happened to me- but I'm enjoying knives so much that I can't help but want to get back to what I was meant to do- make things.

This is what I come from- my dad is the guy named on this site as the designer and maker of this car. There's 50 of them. He died when I when I was little, and this is most of what I know of him. My mother did everything she could to make sure I would be nothing like him, but you can't change genetics. I got sidetracked into doing things to make a living, but this is what I was meant to do- make ideas into objects.

http://www.squiress-100.net/

Some of these are occasionally for sale- for 75 thousand dollars! Something my dad did because he *had to* is collected by people, who pay actual money for them! BTW- don't judge by the VW tail lights someone put on them- it's not a kit car. It is an actual car on it's own chassis of my dad's design.

It's not the knife that makes my day (OK well that too!) it is the fact that you want to give me one! Way cool.

Thanks too, I am glad I inspire! I am just doing the only thing that I know to do.

Wow! I checked out that site and talk about awesome. A real sports car.

Food is making ideas into objects, just really good objects that must be consumed! I still want some Bacon! :D I can tell you do everythinmg with great passion and must say I am inspired by you as well.

I'll get some bacon going once I'm "downashore" as they say here. OK, as some people say, in the *ahem* southern quarter of our delightful little berg.

I've got 2 basic settings- "Off" and "11", and my willingness to be involved with something largely depends on what buttons it pushes. The things that push my buttons can occupy me for days at "11" without sleep while the things that don't I treat like a military mission- they're to be completed, perfectly and precisely, and then I'm done with them. Bring my job home with me? Never a problem! Mostly I have the attention span of a gnat coming down from a crystal meth bender, so it takes something to push just the right button to grab me.

Guns, and now knives. More knives. More knives. More knives. :D

'Tap is one of the greatest cinematic accomplishments of all time! :D

I gotta get my old Princeton Tremelo fixed. My whole signal train is 1956-1965 Fender, and I haven't needed any work on old Leo's stamped sheet metal works of art in so long, I don't know who's reputable in my area for old Fender stuff.

I didn't know- but I guess I should have!- that someone made an amp with "11"s on the face.

Congrats XXdrpXX, one sweet blade. Walkers / Zombies beware. Daniel I love that forge finish. Can you do that on CPM154? I'm seeing a mirror Poon tip on my folder that fades into the sweet acid washed forge finish you do. Great stuff keep em coming. I commited to a Jake Hoback fixed blade months ago and couldn't afford to pull the trigger on this one. "Good Show!" Pop's voice from Regular Show.

'Tap is one of the greatest cinematic accomplishments of all time! :D

I gotta get my old Princeton Tremelo fixed. My whole signal train is 1956-1965 Fender, and I haven't needed any work on old Leo's stamped sheet metal works of art in so long, I don't know who's reputable in my area for old Fender stuff.

I didn't know- but I guess I should have!- that someone made an amp with "11"s on the face.

I have seen Tap a few 100 times, it is the best!

Get that Princeton fixed! Those are just classic. I used to study amps and guitar setup; I was obsessed for a long time. When I lived in Austin, TX I had a side business buying/fixing/selling gear.

Fender - I am a huge Fender fan. I have a 1969 or '70 Champ, it is restored and killer! My other Fender has no label or marks anywhere... it may or may not be a real one. The rare tube configuration and chassis matches the first Fenders before Leo marked them. It only has one knob, volume. no switches! square magnet, etc.. My guitars are all cheapies besides my Gibson Nighthawk.

f'n beauty mate!
Thanks!

Congrats XXdrpXX, one sweet blade. Walkers / Zombies beware. Daniel I love that forge finish. Can you do that on CPM154? I'm seeing a mirror Poon tip on my folder that fades into the sweet acid washed forge finish you do. Great stuff keep em coming. I commited to a Jake Hoback fixed blade months ago and couldn't afford to pull the trigger on this one. "Good Show!" Pop's voice from Regular Show.

Thanks!

Cool that you like the finish! I can do one on CPM154 but it depends on a few factors when folders come in to play.

The first run will be .207" CPM D2. For the CPM154 I will likely buy steel by the sheet and the original forge finish is probably getting surface ground off... let's see though once I get going. I'm going to be doing one-off's too so all kinds of options will be going on.

I'm calling the water jet place that has my folder materials on Monday, they have had my materials for way too long. I want to get to work on them! :D

Ok Daniel, yup give the water jet guys Hell. You/we all need those parts ASAP ; ) Cool,, future folders can get crazy, I'm just amped to own one of the first run in whatever steel and fininsh you want to do them in.

Sounds like a plan!

I'm glad you mentioned that about the forge finish, I have been seriously considering it on the CPM154. (for at least a few knives) The original forge finish on steel is the hardest thing I know of to grind so it makes for a very tough finish. Some steels work better than others, 5160 is the best and the CPM154 could be pretty cool from what I have seen. I play around a lot with manipulating forge finishes, it is one thing I mess with a lot and still do not fully understand... which makes it fun.

Last edited:
Back