The Bushfinger thread

Bmurray

Gold Member
Thanks to Mist's for posting his awesome thread. Let's honor the Bushfinger.

Last edited:
I suppose a Bushfinger thread should probably include the original prototype, and I'll add a pic of and the version that actually went into making that I borrowed from Bill when I did the piece on Fiddlebaxk Forge for SRI back in 2013

DSC_1199.jpg

DSC_1605.jpg

And then a couple of pics of the one I have now :)

DSC_8883croppedC.jpg

DSC_9121B.jpg

Last edited:
After fd'ing a buck....

(Wish I would have kept my original bushfinger.)

Clean:

Used the next one to skin out this doe

Man, I gotta get some deer this season!

Nice shots Schmittie. I remember all of them as they came along while I was looking forward to playing with a newer model.

Completely love that osage bolstered...

If you're talking about the proto, it was black bolstered natural canvas. It darkened over time with use. That said, the bolstered Osage ones do indeed look awesome!

Here is one :D

Sp10Fiddle03_zps734fafa9.jpg

I still remember groaning as that one slipped by and I couldn't do anything about it. I love the lighter/brighter green box elder handles.

I actually prefer the prototype with the Ladyfinger handle to the final version. Not that I don't like the current iteration, just saying if I had to pick between the two I'd pick the proto.

The Bushfinger is definitely on my "acquire" list. Maybe someone will trade me a used Production one for my old school production Recluse. ;)

I actually prefer the prototype with the Ladyfinger handle to the final version. Not that I don't like the current iteration, just saying if I had to pick between the two I'd pick the proto.

The Bushfinger is definitely on my "acquire" list. Maybe someone will trade me a used Production one for my old school production Recluse. ;)

If you prefer that handle in use, everyone has their own prefs, I'd just stick with the Ladyfinger in most use then. There was very little difference between those two in feel actually. I wouldn't have minded a little less drop to the point, more like the original, for skinning game but I'm good with it as is really.

If you prefer that handle in use, everyone has their own prefs, I'd just stick with the Ladyfinger in most use then. There was very little difference between those two in feel actually. I wouldn't have minded a little less drop to the point, more like the original, for skinning game but I'm good with it as is really.

I just really like the lines on the Ladyfinger, obviously, so I'm a little biased. I'm sure the current version is awesome and I definitely plan on getting one, maybe a scandi one. If I were to trade for a production version it would end up living in my vehicle probably.

I just really like the lines on the Ladyfinger, obviously, so I'm a little biased. I'm sure the current version is awesome and I definitely plan on getting one, maybe a scandi one. If I were to trade for a production version it would end up living in my vehicle probably.

Yeah, my production Kephart lives in my truck on my water bottle kit. One of the big reasons I love the CPM S35VN for livining in a high humidity environment.

I tried my best to make the S35VN Bushfinger rust, even going so far as to submerge it in the Atlantic Ocean and then putting it in a sheath in a glovebox for several days. No luck...

moujtY5.jpg

It is actually submerged in this next pic.

Maybe the only Fiddleback to have been thrown in the ocean?!?

5WlCENG.jpg

It came back to me though. This is why they call it stonewashed.

HZBE6K8.jpg

Steve's BF is still my favorite. Old School glow powder phenolic handle and CPM154. I put a new edge on it for him and haven't seen it since...

IlyWLT8.jpg

I tried my best to make the S35VN Bushfinger rust, even going so far as to submerge it in the Atlantic Ocean and then putting it in a sheath in a glovebox for several days. No luck...

I know exactly what you mean. It was three months in south Florida with two knives made of cryo-quenched CPM S35VN and a few in 1095, and two in O-1, that made me a HUGE fan of the S35. It's my all around favorite steel for a knife in this size range, and I own several of them for my work now.

Back