The Bushfinger thread

I just sold my one example of that combo. I loved it, but needed to move some knives. Mine was set up pretty much the same way - with the bolster. It was a Surls Arowana, and just awesome. Sad to see it go.

Now you've motivated me to take a pic or two with a knife and steering wheel. Hahahaha. Out to the trucks!

I thought that might get you going.

Something inspired by you over in the W.A. Surls Knives forum. Completely diverted my well planned day. It's gone from a planned dump run, kitchen clean up, gym routine, and grocery stockpile, to...checking the oil, working on the transmission linkage, donuts in the field, and knives...lots of knives.

I am forever indebted.

I finally get to play. My new Bushfinger...and my first. Thanks Bob!

Thank you. My original obsession was with ironwood....

Ironwood is an elite material. Tough as hell and beautiful contrasting colors. Tony's new BF has some of the prettiest grain I've seen.

Very much so! Nice one, Tony. :)

The density of ironwood leads to a smoothness (when finished well, as Fiddlebacks are) that is almost indescribably good in hand, where the material's substance, texture, and warmth-in-use come together. That ironwood also looks as good as it does...?! Booyah!

Barring further revelations, I'm leaning towards a Bushfinger as my "big knife." 1/8" TT would likely serve me well, but I am still thinking about how much I enjoyed the feel of 5/32" TT on (at least one example of) this model, the extra whomp-whomp.

A general question about individual preferences: What is your preferred blade thickness and treatment (SFT or TT) for the Bushfinger, and why?

[Do any of you actually prefer SFT to TT, once past 3/32"?]

~ P.

Bog Oak Bushfinger Duo
5/32" TT on the left | 3/32" SFT on the right​

BogOakBushfingerPair-vi.jpg

It's finally here! From the Outpost to the Phillipines to the UK to Colorado with an extra long visit to US Customs. Well worth the wait...

You'll be seeing a lot more of this one. :thumbup:

Ngwco7Jl.jpg

kNzTVYol.jpg

It's finally here! From the Outpost to the Phillipines to the UK to Colorado with an extra long visit to US Customs. Well worth the wait...

You'll be seeing a lot more of this one. :thumbup:

Ngwco7Jl.jpg

kNzTVYol.jpg

That looks to me like, something you've been looking for; the right everything No?

That looks to me like, something you've been looking for; the right everything No?

Not only does this one check a lot of the boxes, but it's the one that started me on my OD kick.

I was looking through Fotki around X-mas and noticed that all of the OD and brown canvas were the ones that kept catching my eye. Then I was browsing the dealers for OD and found a BF that was OD, natural, and white, and remebered this BF that the Outpost sold. I posted up a long shot WTB for both of them in mid January and a few days later Jules reached out and said he had this one and would sell it. I just had to wait until March when he was somewhere he could ship it from.

The orange stripes are awesome with the natural and OD canvas! This is probably my favorite combo, closely followed by the same with blue instead of orange which doesn't show up very much. :thumbup:

Not only does this one check a lot of the boxes, but it's the one that started me on my OD kick.

I was looking through Fotki around X-mas and noticed that all of the OD and brown canvas were the ones that kept catching my eye. Then I was browsing the dealers for OD and found a BF that was OD, natural, and white, and remebered this BF that the Outpost sold. I posted up a long shot WTB for both of them in mid January and a few days later Jules reached out and said he had this one and would sell it. I just had to wait until March when he was somewhere he could ship it from.

The orange stripes are awesome with the natural and OD canvas! This is probably my favorite combo, closely followed by the same with blue instead of orange which doesn't show up very much. :thumbup:

thats cool

Jules is good people.

i got the Wingman back yesterday BTW

Back