1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by FAL'ER, Aug 11, 2020.

1. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I looked and couldn't find a current chat thread on this subforum, I've been wanting to ask some Busse related question's about certain knife configurations that didn't seem worthy of starting up a thread for.

Use this thread for whatever you want (staying within the Bladeforums code). Bump your post counts up, random picture's of frisbee dogs or just run your mouth. It's all good.

Let it go for 50 ish pages and then a Mod can lock it down, it'll fade off into oblivion and someone else can start up a new one.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    Questions,

1) What makes a knife "Battle Grade"? Is it the steel or whether or not it has a coating?
    I've also seen knives referred to as "Combat Grade" is there a difference between them?

3. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Battle Grade = SR101 Steel
    Combat Grade = Coated INFI

uGAshooter, David Lennon and FAL'ER like this.
  4. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Can we get an Even Leaner Meaner Street?

Oooh, with a nuclear meltdown treatment, it would be a NightMare on ELM St. :D

(Eta: Feels like I just solved a riddle before Jerry even came up with it. Let's make it happen Bossman!!)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  5. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    There's another one of my questions.
    What's the Nuclear Meltdown mean?
    I see a NMFBM in the exchange, Hows that diiferent from a regular Battle Mistress.

Also is a Fusion the same as a Nano Fusion?
    I have a Nano Fusion Badger Attack = NFBA, so I at least know what that is.
    20200811_182740.jpg

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  6. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    You ask a difficult question ,with no simple answer
    Buckle in and enjoy
    [​IMG]

7. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    A coated blade that has BUSSE will be INFI
    Battle grade will be something different usually SR but sometimes not that either.

[​IMG]

954Ink, luethge, OnceBitten and 3 others like this.
  8. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    I've seen that some early ones were A2, some Elmax out there also.
    There's so many models and then multiple variations on some of those models.

9. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Nuclear meltdown is a treatment where they round all the edges. But those NM models are also distinctly different with different blade length or stock sizes. To confuse you further, many models have had nuclear options as part of the offering. Those options may be rounded corners, extra polish, different handle materials, lightening treatment, etc.

Fusion and Nano Fusion are similar but different. Fusion is the name of a specific handle shape/design. Nano Fusion is a smaller version (hence "Nano") adapted for smaller knife models.

David Lennon and FAL'ER like this.
  10. Currawong

Currawong Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 19, 2012
    Nuclear meltdown means the edges are rounded, e.g. it has a rounded-off spine rather than sharp corners.

NMFBM is its own model of battle mistress that also happens to have the nuclear meltdown treatment applied. It is not a normal battle misress with rounded off edges.

Nano fusion is a smaller version of the fusion handle, made for smaller hands or uses where a smaller handle is preferable.

David Lennon and FAL'ER like this.
  11. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    That's very helpful guys, So if I see Nuclear Meltdown, is that the same as "Nuked"?

12. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    No... "Nuked" is the nuclear option on specific model offerings. That's different from the Nuclear Meltdown models.

However, some Nuked knives (ordered with Nuclear options) may include a nuclear meltdown treatment with rounded corners. But again, that's different from models with the Nuclear Meltdown designation right in their names, like the NMFBM & NMFSH.

grizzle and FAL'ER like this.
  13. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    The NMFBM is one of the most incredible choppers in the world. So well balanced and so much power.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    fbusmc, ironwagon, uGAshooter and 6 others like this.
  14. SlamAdams

SlamAdams Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 13, 2020
    This is a fact !!!

15. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    And is the standard by which all choppers are measured, IMHO

16. Crosier

Crosier

Nov 15, 2011
    Didn’t there used to be other grades like field grade?

17. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Gotta knock back that shoulder first......

18. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    “And I’ll take Busse model abbreviations for $1,000, Alex.” Someone {with more time than I} should configure one of these on this thread. I’m {somewhat} sure we’d all follow the Honor System and not cheat. A fun Coronapocalpse learning tool.

gk4ever2 likes this.
  19. Chrisinzky

Chrisinzky

Nov 20, 2015
    I really liked when Combat grade and battle grade offers happened simultaneously

tuica, David Lennon and lmcq784 like this.
  20. FAL'ER

Mar 31, 2010
    20200812_155531.jpg
    Random user pic. Surprised at how quick the coating came off (Green), assuming the black is a primer coat.
    Love that look though.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    luethge and tuica like this.