THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

FAL'ER

Basic Member
I looked and couldn't find a current chat thread on this subforum, I've been wanting to ask some Busse related question's about certain knife configurations that didn't seem worthy of starting up a thread for.

Use this thread for whatever you want (staying within the Bladeforums code). Bump your post counts up, random picture's of frisbee dogs or just run your mouth. It's all good.

Let it go for 50 ish pages and then a Mod can lock it down, it'll fade off into oblivion and someone else can start up a new one.

Last edited:
Questions,

1) What makes a knife "Battle Grade"? Is it the steel or whether or not it has a coating?
I've also seen knives referred to as "Combat Grade" is there a difference between them?

Can we get an Even Leaner Meaner Street?

Oooh, with a nuclear meltdown treatment, it would be a NightMare on ELM St. :D

(Eta: Feels like I just solved a riddle before Jerry even came up with it. Let's make it happen Bossman!!)

Last edited:
There's another one of my questions.
What's the Nuclear Meltdown mean?
I see a NMFBM in the exchange, Hows that diiferent from a regular Battle Mistress.

Also is a Fusion the same as a Nano Fusion?
I have a Nano Fusion Badger Attack = NFBA, so I at least know what that is.
20200811_182740.jpg

Last edited:
You ask a difficult question ,with no simple answer
Buckle in and enjoy
7KJBrcK.jpg

A coated blade that has BUSSE will be INFI
Battle grade will be something different usually SR but sometimes not that either.
I've seen that some early ones were A2, some Elmax out there also.
There's so many models and then multiple variations on some of those models.

There's another one of my questions.
What's the Nuclear Meltdown mean?
I see a NMFBM in the exchange, Hows that diiferent from a regular Battle Mistress.

Also is a Fusion the same as a Nano Fusion?
I have a Nano Fusion Badger Attack = NFBA, so I at least know what that is.
View attachment 1396980
Nuclear meltdown is a treatment where they round all the edges. But those NM models are also distinctly different with different blade length or stock sizes. To confuse you further, many models have had nuclear options as part of the offering. Those options may be rounded corners, extra polish, different handle materials, lightening treatment, etc.

Fusion and Nano Fusion are similar but different. Fusion is the name of a specific handle shape/design. Nano Fusion is a smaller version (hence "Nano") adapted for smaller knife models.

Nuclear meltdown means the edges are rounded, e.g. it has a rounded-off spine rather than sharp corners.

NMFBM is its own model of battle mistress that also happens to have the nuclear meltdown treatment applied. It is not a normal battle misress with rounded off edges.

Nano fusion is a smaller version of the fusion handle, made for smaller hands or uses where a smaller handle is preferable.

That's very helpful guys, So if I see Nuclear Meltdown, is that the same as "Nuked"?

That's very helpful guys, So if I see Nuclear Meltdown, is that the same as "Nuked"?
No... "Nuked" is the nuclear option on specific model offerings. That's different from the Nuclear Meltdown models.

However, some Nuked knives (ordered with Nuclear options) may include a nuclear meltdown treatment with rounded corners. But again, that's different from models with the Nuclear Meltdown designation right in their names, like the NMFBM & NMFSH.

“And I’ll take Busse model abbreviations for $1,000, Alex.” Someone {with more time than I} should configure one of these on this thread. I’m {somewhat} sure we’d all follow the Honor System and not cheat. A fun Coronapocalpse learning tool.

20200812_155531.jpg
Random user pic. Surprised at how quick the coating came off (Green), assuming the black is a primer coat.
Love that look though.

Last edited:
Back