The Cherokee Rose in steel and this one is no joke. Pix.

Probably the last one we'll ever make. It couldn't go to anybody but you and keep the karma in order.

Back To The Top ( bttt )

Just in case bro's package from Unk arrives at high noon today and he comes rushing to find out about it.

OK. I don't think Bro will be 100% pleased with the effort but since he's an old shop hand I think he'll understand what Bura is up against and what he's trying to do.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
OK. I don't think Bro will be 100% pleased with the effort but since he's an old shop hand I think he'll understand what Bura is up against and what he's trying to do.

Hello guys and gals. I'm not as recovered as I would like to be from my nasty explosion on the 19th but I'm stopping by just long enough to fill you all in on my first thoughts of the Rose as y'all deserve too know what I think IMO.
I realize everyone is probably concerned about me, but I will be fine. I've been in the same circumstances before and came through them just fine and this time will be no
different.
Just a little side effect of living with clinical depression. I usually do a much better job of keeping myself under control.;)
I Thank Y'all from the very bottom of my heart for all the prayers and good wishes. They are mighty appreciated!!!!!!!

With the emotion that I have shown over this knife and then that emotion running over and affecting the minds, And Therefore, the thoughts of others, there is a Great Big Load of Misconceptions about this prototype in ALL of the posts with the Rose being the subject that I will dispell in a brand new post a little later sometime today or tomorrow.

This is a little of what I've done up until now and some of my first thoughts on the Cherokee Rose.
The Cherokee Rose arrived Saturday............
I haven't felt much like sharpening it or anything to much up until now although I have ran a file over the edge and I'm gonna try to bring the edge up to what it should be a little later today as there was yet another Drs. visit this morning that I haven't quite yet recuperated over from getting up and having to stay up so early in the morning.
This is one of the sharper knives I have gotten from H.I. for quite a long while, it cut me a little bit across the underside of my right index finger without me knowing it right away, but I think it was really the burr along the edge that got me.
I have also just set and handled the Rose, going from hand to hand, getting to know her a bit better before proceeding onward.
It's always best to not do much of anything to a new prototype until you really know just what should or really needs to be done.
Once you touch a prototype with any kind of a tool you have changed it from the original state forever!!!!

All in all the prototype isn't all that bad, just needs a little fine tuning is all and nothing that any of the kamis can't handle without adding any more expense, or at least not too much more expense IMO.

Yvsa!!! Glade to see you back here!!! Glade to hear what you think of the "Rose". Can't wait to read your post on it later!:)

We have missed you around here, bro!

And living with depression ain't hard for some of us to understand either.

Your love that you bring with you wherever you are is evident. And you need to check the pressure relief valve now and then to see that it still works, and vents the overpressure off when needed.

You are loved and cared about here, cause of who you are - you. You don't expect others to go thru hell and not show signs of wear and tear. We don't expect you to neither. Your loving bro who'll kick your axe if needed, but not quite yet.

I second what Rusty said---er--except the "kicking your arse part";) :D

You have been missed, its good to have you back!:)

Take your time, Bro. I've had my bouts with depression as several here have (I think all of us old sickos have been thru it) so can understand very well.

Good to see you up and about.

And, I don't think you'll have to fine tune the scabbard.

Glad to hear you, I understand about depression, I don't take 60mg of Prozac a day for nothing. It is important to stay in community with those who accept you and this is the best place I have found.

Originally posted by rkenny@wcupa.edu
Glad to hear you, I understand about depression, I don't take 60mg of Prozac a day for nothing. It is important to stay in community with those who accept you and this is the best place I have found.

Bob I hear you.
Like I said, "I do pretty good with it usually." and I usually really do.
And yet, some days going into weeks, if it is over one week, I do much better spending what time I can all to myself in order to make myself presentable to all my family and friends yet once again. I sometimes wonder why those really close to me stick around, but then I stop and realize that there's no way I would ever desert one of them either.
It's just a way of coping that I have used for several years and what a counselor several years ago gave me a thumbs up to use.
Unusual, but she was an unusual counselor as well.
One of a few non-ndns who really understood ndns.

I just really hate it when I lose it out in public and more importantly to the ones I love and care about. That really sucks.:(
My primary doc gave me a little something for my depression a while back, but in his fear of prescribing drugs he prescribed only one half of a pill for me, "to help me cope."
Maybe it's time he upped it to include the other half as well.
Hell as many pills as I take anyway one more damned sure won't matter.:(

Back