The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

Higonokami 7 (from Baryonyx Knives and "tuned" by Baryonyx). An incredible value.
Higonokami.jpg

Nice HHB, Ed!! You've got the whole kit from JB!!
I hope you are healing well, and feeling better!!

Thanks Charlie and yes, I am feeling better and the healing, while slow, is coming along. Still being fed through a tube but I'm slowly getting my "swallow" back and hopefully will be able to eat food with the consistency of chili without beans within the month.

Most interesting! Can you say something about the knife? Looks like it was unearthed ;) And the coin, can't make out the lettering , Charles II? Is it an English coin, Shilling?

The coin has been put away but its a Carlos the III 1789 Spanish half reale, I forget the mint most likely Mexico city

Fun stuff, the knife is old... Uncertain if its quite as old as the coin but I'd say less than like 60 years apart

The coin has been put away but its a Carlos the III 1789 Spanish half reale, I forget the mint most likely Mexico city

Fun stuff, the knife is old... Uncertain if its quite as old as the coin but I'd say less than like 60 years apart

Remarkable :thumbsup: Thanks very much for the interesting background, grand old warrior that knife, could be one of THE oldest pocket-knives shown on the forum :cool:

Back