The coin thread--post pictures of your traditional knives with a coin

First time in a long time I've found a steel one in the wild! Pretty neat! Not the best condition but it's always more rewarding to actually find them as opposed to buying a bunch.

Next to it is one of my old "train pennies". Any of youz ever put pennies on the tracks as a kid? It was always fun to see how squished they would get.

IMG_20231215_181527194_HDR~2.jpgIMG_20231215_181548282~2.jpg

Sv9cVZR.jpeg

3pFdG3S.jpeg

Poor light and fuzzy details. Woke up late today and it was almost dark by then.

I ISKRA A very good set-up to show off your latest Silver knife, like the pip or stoner tool for cherries, oranges, grapes ,olives etc.

The numismatist in me wants to know about those silver coins. The William IV coin interests me as it's not in Latin- doesn't use Gulielmus and the IIII and King rather than rex. Was it for former British colonies? Likewise, the fabulous Gothic head Victoria (I'd love a Gothic Crown coin or a Godless Florin) and Edward VII coins. One missing there, an ultra rare Edward VIII coins were struck and the royal family and Royal Mint have copies-a few escaped into circulation...it's possible some were actually issued in the dominions? (SA, Aus, NZ, Canada) I think repro versions in resin can be found too. As for Charles III (a notoriously unlucky name for British monarchs...I executed in public after the Civil War, II political turmoil, The Great Fire of London and Plague) You'd better hurry up....;) I see 1/4 oz. 7g. Silver Britannia coins are available with Charles' head on them,kind of disappointing that he's Charles III and not Carolus III but most idiots in Britain would think it's a woman....:rolleyes: Will the next king be Willy mk.5 ??? 🤣

I ISKRA A very good set-up to show off your latest Silver knife, like the pip or stoner tool for cherries, oranges, grapes ,olives etc.

The numismatist in me wants to know about those silver coins. The William IV coin interests me as it's not in Latin- doesn't use Gulielmus and the IIII and King rather than rex. Was it for former British colonies? Likewise, the fabulous Gothic head Victoria (I'd love a Gothic Crown coin or a Godless Florin) and Edward VII coins. One missing there, an ultra rare Edward VIII coins were struck and the royal family and Royal Mint have copies-a few escaped into circulation...it's possible some were actually issued in the dominions? (SA, Aus, NZ, Canada) I think repro versions in resin can be found too. As for Charles III (a notoriously unlucky name for British monarchs...I executed in public after the Civil War, II political turmoil, The Great Fire of London and Plague) You'd better hurry up....;) I see 1/4 oz. 7g. Silver Britannia coins are available with Charles' head on them,kind of disappointing that he's Charles III and not Carolus III but most idiots in Britain would think it's a woman....:rolleyes: Will the next king be Willy mk.5 ??? 🤣

Thank you, Will! Your suspicions are justified. The first three coins are on the left are 1 rupee coins. The first one, with William IV, is an East India Company issue while the one with Victoria was already issued by the Empire. There is an earlier rupee with Victoria's young head also issued by the EIC, I'm on the lookout for one of those. The three rupees are .917 silver. Next in line is a George V British florin and a George VI Australian florin, both in sterling. Last comes a Canadian 50 cent piece with Elizabeth II, .800 silver.

The quarter oz Britannia is a good idea, I'll have to look them up! I agree with you, I don't like the change from Carolus to Charles either. Perhaps the misfortunes of the previous two had something to do with it? I for one quite like them both. As for the future Billy King, let's not give them any ideas! 😂

Back