The Cowbell Build Thread

Richlite is kinda paper micarta, right?
Yep, it's a countertop material like paperstone. I've used it before and really like the way it feels. It doesn't have visible layers that micarta does, it seems more monolothIc. It's ridiculously light too.

Top to bottom is Richlite in Redstone, Black Diamond and Blue Canyon. Linen micarta in Green, Bone, Red and Black.
20200124_183549-01.jpeg
Do I spy ivory micarta down there? Homina homina homina... :)

Good tune too. :thumbsup:
It's bone linen but I'll keep an eye out for Ivory.

That blue looks good! I might need to check that out sometime. It's hard finding blue that isnt too light.

That blue looks good! I might need to check that out sometime. It's hard finding blue that isnt too light.
It would be my pick, it's a nice deep blue. I think small blades like these look good with some color.

Ivory is usually paper micarta as far as I know and won't have the "grain" that the linen has. Bone had a nice antique look to it.

I had a custom knife a long time ago made by Trace Rinaldi called a “Sharktooth” that had ivory micarta scales. They had definite grain - for sure not paper micarta. The scales were a lot lighter than this bone color though. They were white.

I like that bone color better. It looks like aged ivory. Like a light butterscotchery shade - and I love butterscotch! :D

That sheath is looking good. The cowbell logo is too damn cool, and the maker’s mark on the spine so it shows just above the sheath looks great. :thumbsup:

Damn...gonna be hard to pick between the redstone and the blue
Can't go wrong either way, personally I'm dying to see what the blue is gonna look like.

I had a custom knife a long time ago made by Trace Rinaldi called a “Sharktooth” that had ivory micarta scales. They had definite grain - for sure not paper micarta. The scales were a lot lighter than this bone color though. They were white.

I like that bone color better. It looks like aged ivory. Like a light butterscotchery shade - and I love butterscotch! :D

That sheath is looking good. The cowbell logo is too damn cool, and the maker’s mark on the spine so it shows just above the sheath looks great. :thumbsup:
I decided against G10 for these (for now). I'm not a huge fan of G10 but the Ivory looks pretty awesome in hand. I think you're right though, this bone linen has a nice look to it.
this bone linen has a nice look to it.
Edited for clarity: I don't doubt for one second that yours was micarta Will, just wanted to bring up the G10:thumbsup:
That bone linen looks fantastic. Not too bright but strong and good looking.

I know a lady around here that would probably like that blue... ;)
You may be right, blue knives and Pert go together like peas and carrots.

Last edited:
Edited the post above, ain't nobody got time for misunderstandings:thumbsup:

Can't go wrong either way, personally I'm dying to see what the blue is gonna look like.

I decided against G10 for these (for now). I'm not a huge fan of G10 but the Ivory looks pretty awesome in hand. I think you're right though, this bone linen has a nice look to it.
this bone linen has a nice look to it.
Edited for clarity: I don't doubt for one second that yours was micarta Will, just wanted to bring up the G10:thumbsup:

You may be right, blue knives and Pert go together like peas and carrots.

Last edited:
Back