The GUNTING!!!

THe Gunting videos are on sale through videoQuest 1-800-340-9664 for $99 for the 3 volume series. Through June 2, we will throw in the 4th video -"Spyderco presents the Gunting" for free.

George

I am really looking forward to getting the Gunting. I believe the trainer is also a must have if one ones to become proficient. Train like you fight and you will fight like you train.

gunting.jpg

------------------
Dennis Bible

Are the trainers also going to be $150? Will they be available as a set? Maybe at a slighlty lower cost if bought together?

------------------
Dennis Bible

Master Bram,

where do we (i.e. - natives) get the tapes and knife/trainer from? will Scorpio have them soooon?

George will work out the details with Scorpio..His set of videos is going out to him VERY soon...
You'll love the CRMIPT Tool..its thre blueG10 version of the prototype trainer drone..The trainer drone has been tamed..
The real knife is more aggressive..all are in the works as we speak!..
Do you personally need PAL format or can you view ours???

Ok watch out! Mr Driscoll will have set of GUNTINGS on his hip at the BLADESHOW and I'll bet he's willing to demo it on anyone willing to put their arm out within his reach!!!
See you all there!

YES! Let the demos begin!!

The Guntings are made out of:

CPM 440 V

Thanks,

Driscoll

[This message has been edited by Driscoll (edited 05-30-2000).]

Thanks for the info Driscoll!

Jerome

Originally posted by Driscoll:

The Guntings are made out of:

CPM 440 V

Thanks,

Driscoll

[This message has been edited by Driscoll (edited 05-30-2000).]

Ok the GUNTING was a BIG hit at the Blade Show..Dave ( Mr. Driscoll demo'ed it, was used to demo it and was a great help at the SPYDERCO booth showing off the GUNTING!)
Everyone loved the trainer Drone and the CRMIPT tool was the talk of the booth..seems people LIKE the idea of causing pain no injury..plus you can practice cutting WITHOUT cutting using he trainer drone or the CRMIPT Tool...
Thanks Dave, Terry, Dewey, Mary and Don for helping me out at the show!!!

Had a great time at the Blade show and enjoyed meeting Bram in real life. It was very interesting to see the Gunting for the first time as well and I must admit that at first I was sceptical, but after having handled it I can now call myself a convert. This is a folder that I definitely will acquire in the future. It is probably the fastest folder to flip into reverse grip that I have ever handled. The specially designed clip and the divot in the handle aids greatly in this and are simply strokes of genius.
By all means, check out the Gunting. I doubt you will be disappointed.

------------------
Regards
Joshua "Kage" Calvert

"Move like Water, strike like Thunder..."

As a custom maker, and of fixed blades at that, I usually don't get the warm and fuzzies about factory folders, though I have always thought very highly of Spyderco designs and quality.

At the Blade Show I had the distinct pleasure (that term used loosely) of having Bram demonstrate the Gunting to (read "on") me, and had it not been the trainer version I would certainly have been hamburger before I hit the floor. Even closed, maybe especially closed, that is one heck of a knife. It seemed like there is a spot, protrusion, edge, or angle on that knife for every pressure point on the human body. BTW, for others like me who are not MA's, a pressure point is where someone can make your body do things you don't want it to. It really was disconcerting to have my diaphragm operated by another person.

A friend who was watching the "show", and obviously enjoyed my reactions, said later that I looked like a puppet being manipulated my a master puppeteer, which I guess is pretty close to the truth.

Heck of a knife. One heck of a martial artist. Bram, thanks for the lesson...

------------------
Jerry Hossom
www.hossom.com

Jerry..you are too cool and kind! Jerry by the way makes outstanding custom knives..USER knives...especially his new series based on FMA..great Espada y Dagga sets!!!!!
lets see ..how do you thank some guy who zaps wou with his new knife design and practices on you??? Well Jerry then took me and the group out for ENDLESS SUSHI..yup..Ok you guys take note..I bang on you and I get stuck taking you guys out.. I BANG on Jerry and he TAKES ME OUT..for SUSHI no less..HINT HINT..you guys better get on the stick or go to Jerry for knives AND lessons on how to treat me!!!
Thanks Jerry..I have something coming to you soon!!!

Jerry..you are too cool and kind! Jerry by the way makes outstanding custom knives..USER knives...especially his new series based on FMA..great Espada y Dagga sets!!!!!
lets see ..how do you thank some guy who zaps wou with his new knife design and practices on you??? Well Jerry then took me and the group out for ENDLESS SUSHI..yup..Ok you guys take note..I bang on you and I get stuck taking you guys out.. I BANG on Jerry and he TAKES ME OUT..for SUSHI no less..HINT HINT..you guys better get on the stick or go to Jerry for knives AND lessons on how to treat me!!!
Thanks Jerry..I have something coming to you soon!!!

Bram,

I happen to LOVE SUSHI and when I was last in Myrtle Beach a local took me to a wonderful plece for Sushi. I think it would be a great idea for a group of us to migrate there in the evening for dinner one night after training.

Interested?

Terry Prichard
the BladeBroker

Well Jerry then took me and the group out
for ENDLESS SUSHI..yup..Ok you guys take note..I bang on you and I get stuck taking you guys out.. I BANG on Jerry and he TAKES ME OUT..for SUSHI no less..HINT HINT..you guys better get on the stick or go to Jerry for knives AND lessons on how to treat me!!!
Thanks Jerry..I have something coming to you soon!!![/B][/QUOTE]

SUSHI???Gunting AND SUSHI in the same evening..AGAIN?? You're on!!!!!
aahh the sweet taste of fish...
wasabi..
ginger...
UNI>>>>>>>>YES!!!!!

It has been months since I've had any good uni. Way to damn long too. I found this also:
Name: Daruma Sushi
Address: Lake Arrowhead Road, Myrtle Beach
Phone: (803) 497-6038
Opened: 5.30pm-3am
Review: "Greatest experience in the world."
- Roger Johnson (pitchforkj@aol.com) [August 20th 1997]

I know this in not the one I visited a couple of years ago but it does sound promising. I'll keep looking though.

Terry Prichard
the BladeBroker

Originally posted by BRAM:
SUSHI???Gunting AND SUSHI in the same evening..AGAIN?? You're on!!!!!
aahh the sweet taste of fish...
wasabi..
ginger...
UNI>>>>>>>>YES!!!!!

Bram,

I have a question that I am sure has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find in around here.

I am comming to Myrtle Beach to get certified (and to eat a butt load of SUSHI). I do not have a "MA" background, in fact this will be my 1st exposure to any formal training. What suggestions would make to me or others like me to prepare for the class. I do want to get the most I can from the experience.

As with most things I tend to jump in deep and fast. This will be no exception.

Terry Prichard
the BladeBroker

Ok..first: bribe the instructor with Sushi..
second: bribe the instrcutor with Sushi..
LOL
Just come with an open mind..there's some basic drills that teach concepts of motion..
these drills concepts utilize basic principles..ie OPEN/CLOSE
they will be applied..ie usage with the GUNTING....
Theres some legal / liability needs..
Bio-mechanical cutting..
yup..I was right..come with an open mind and have a great time!

It seems that some new drills exclusive to the Gunting are in the works. Stuff like Gunting Vs. Gunting, lock/flow drills, follow the leader type stuff. Soon to come!

Driscoll

Back