The HEST folder. (production model)

The second run have a lot of changing. Here are all of them:

- We have removed the stainless steel liner
- The g-10 is 4.2 mm, the old one was 3.2 mm
- Does that mean that the non-locking side will ONLY be made of G10?

The revised Cold Steel American Lawman has no liners and it has enough lateral strength to bear a mans weight. I wouldnt worry too much about the linerless Hest. Im sure itll be plenty strong.

i will be purchasing a production model when they become available again...i have the HEST fixed blade and it is my favorite to use camping and hiking...i could care less about all the "controversy"; the design of the knives works for me and my purposes...

Anyone know what the rc of this steel is? Also anyone anything about lionsteels heat treat? Im sure they know what they are doing. Just curious

ive had mine for a while and have put it through some hard use and it hasn't failed on me........yet :)

Received updated version today :)
Small, subtle improvements that make it the knife always knew it could be!
No issue with lack of steel liner, the G10 is solid and more than tough enough for the job!

Received updated version today :)
Small, subtle improvements that make it the knife always knew it could be!
No issue with lack of steel liner, the G10 is solid and more than tough enough for the job!

Where'd you get yours from? You can send me the link via pm, if your're not allowed to post it.

Cheers,

Where'd you get yours from? You can send me the link via pm, if your're not allowed to post it.

Cheers,

If I'm not mistaken they picked a few people to test the knives before the full release. He may be one of those lucky individuals.

I sent my well used (and loved) HEST/f 1.0 in to DPX Gear customer service a couple of weeks ago because it had developed significant up and down blade play, and I just received a brand spanking new HEST/f 2.0 as a replacement.... long story short, RYP listened to all the feedback about the 1.0 and the 2.0 is every bit the knife everyone was expecting the first run to be. If you've been wanting a HEST/f but have been sitting on the fence, I would recommend that you get in line now, because the HEST/f 2.0 is going get snatched up fast. It's good, real good.

/dusty

Back