The HEST folder. (production model)

Howdy, it's been a while since i've visited the forum, but thought I stop by today. I got LE 163 back yesterday. Got it in Jan and a few weeks back I started having issues with the lock. Seemed like a good time to sent it in and have the tip issue resolved as well. Locks up nice and tight the the tip is below the scales. I really like the knife and have carried it daily. Kudos to the work at the factory (so far), fast turn around and great customer service from Linda at DPX.

I'd like to pic up a set of the OD production scales for an occasional change of pace. Anyone know if they are available and where??

Thanks,

Ranger325
RP #544
HEST #163

Any idea when they will be shipped to online dealers? I have had one on pre-order for a month now and if they are in country, then it sure would be nice to be able to get one.

Last edited:
is still available at other dealers... maybe they need a new batch cause it seems like every one that had problems with the first is getting a 2.0 in exchange..

is still available at other dealers... maybe they need a new batch cause it seems like every one that had problems with the first is getting a 2.0 in exchange..

All of the online dealers that I know of, show to be out of stock. If the knives are in the US...then where are they?

I have also read where 2.0 were replacing 1.0 with problems...so they are coming from somewhere.

Yeah, haven't seen one place with them in stock. can't get an answer on when or where to get one. I am done trying. DPX has been a colossal let down.

At least some of the Hest/F 2.0 knives are definitely in the US... I got a 2.0 replacement for my 1.0 that had major issues and that replacement knife came directly from DPx Gear here in California. Over on RYP's forum (The Black Flag Cafe) he said they were here in the USA and would be shipped to the distributors this week, most likely hitting the retailers shortly there after. This is complete speculation on my part, but I believe DPx Gear held the entire first shipment of 2.0 knives internally so that customer service would be able to take care of (read replace) as many problematic 1.0 knives as they possibly could.

YMMV,
/dusty

Last edited:
Got a call from Knife Center today.

Apparently...from what I was told...the DPx HEST that they show as disco'd, is the 1.0 version. Now that makes a little more sense. :rolleyes:

The reason for the call, was to let me know that the 1.0 was no longer available and would I be interested in updating my pre-order to the 2.0 which is a different part number. Well DUH...LMAO!! I'm sure we can guess the answer to that one, LOL.

I asked if they had any guess as to when the knives are to be shipped, and the lady said that they should have them in a matter of weeks...not months. I took this as good news and thanked her.

Again, this was a phone conversation today with Knife Center. So things are looking up!!

Last edited:
This is complete speculation on my part, but I believe DPx Gear held the entire first shipment of 2.0 knives internally so that customer service would be able to take care of (read replace) as many problematic 1.0 knives as they possibly could.

YMMV,
/dusty

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're probably right. As soon as the warranty/customer service issues are straightened out...they'll ship to the retailers.

Yes the lefty version is available for the 2.0.

Is any one making a replacement scale for these yet??

After reading almost every customer review on the 2.0, the HEST still seems to develop vertical blade play even with the larger thicket lock bar and new angle on the blade which contacts the lock. has DPx Gear been notified of this problem because this is the only reason i have yet to buy this knife. It seems to offer everything I'm looking for and more, but i will not be buying it if it still develops "lock rock". And if the new version 2.0 has issues will the warranty still cover this fault?

The HEST folder has been in high demand since it's launch. We encourage you to contact distributors for availability. DPx Gear warranties all of it's products for life. Contact the company directly if you need any information on our products: customerservice@dpxgear.com

I have sent multiple requests for help taking came care of my lock issues..I was thinking that the issue was not going to happen to me and then boom out of the blue it started with the lock rock. It does appear to be caused by the stop pin or on the blade area that contacts the pin. I just hope they will get back to me I use it everyday at work.

Back