THE Hollow Handle Knife Thread

Ed Martin has a video on his YouTube channel showing his new HH model.
He is going to make 5ea to start. Price will be around $500.

5 1/2 “ blade.

KIxzSw5.jpg

Here is a project I've been working on. The hollow handle knife world has been stuck in a rut of worshipping knives made for movies 30 years ago. And most of these knives don't get used at all, just passed from collector to collector, which is a real shame. I have been trying to nudge that in a different direction for several years (any success is debatable, I suppose), first with the SAFE series of knives, the P.A.C.Knife, and now the B.U.S.H. Knife. Innovation, not imitation.

The BUSH knife (Bushcraft Utility Survival Hollowhandle) is a factory made puukko blade mated to one of my custom hollow handle tubes and buttcaps, a factory made sheath individually molded to the knife, and an optional custom firesteel. This will help to bring down costs, increase availability, and hopefully get more people to actually use these knives and see how fun and practical they are.

So here are several pictures, and if I can figure out how to post it from my Instagram I will add some brief videos. Feedback is always welcome.

qpzW7YC.jpg

x8owuDC.jpg

cq23Bjl.jpg

PCOIrSf.jpg

Sam

Love everything about it, Sam! Is the brass ferrule original to the blade? How is the blade connected to the handle? Same way as your full customs?

Thank you, Tom! Excellent questions. No, the brass ferrule is custom made and fitted by hand by me. I do a press fit and sealed it with epoxy instead of silver solder, due to the blade finish and price limitations.

And it is secured to the handle using the same method as my full customs, it is threaded into the handle, epoxied, and pinned. It will take either power tools or an awful lot of time to get it out of there. But as usual, the blade will break somewhere else long before it comes out of the handle, if used in any reasonably sane fashion.

Reactions: TAH
Wow, kind of dead in here. I need to post a little more and keep this thing alive. Too good a thread to sink.

Here is a couple that I completed for Blade this year. Sold non saw back sold right away. Always loved the hollow handle and just hate the rep they get because of the cheap overseas crap.

Attachments

• 9D0565AD-D978-43BD-9D02-F3BBC4874DA6.jpeg
    9D0565AD-D978-43BD-9D02-F3BBC4874DA6.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 43025820-76C4-4108-AB2B-25A09EF49373.jpeg
    43025820-76C4-4108-AB2B-25A09EF49373.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 37
Back