The "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery" GIVEAWAY!! WINNER ANNOUNCED!!

Barretts knife arrived yesterday. I am blown away. First off this gorgeous piece of cutlery was made by GEC back in the early days of the company which gives one an idea of their quality even in the beginning. This beauty is 4 1/2” long closed, 11/16” thick and well over an inch wide. F&F, W&T and pull is perfect. Back springs tight and flush closed, at half stop and open. Square cut tang dead flush closed and at half stop. Blades centered. Did I mention the jigging is flawless? This beast of beauty was also accompanied by a genuine quarter from the great state of Minnesota. :D I will let the images speak for themselves. :cool:

Allow me to say thank you once more Barrett. It is humbling to be the recipient of such generosity. Thanks again to everyone involved. :)View attachment 1083390View attachment 1083391 View attachment 1083392View attachment 1083393 View attachment 1083394View attachment 1083395 View attachment 1083396View attachment 1083397 View attachment 1083398
Great photos, can't wait to see more

Sweet! Your photos certainly bring out the best of its character, as well
Thank you Joshua

That's a fine looking knife Fodderwing Fodderwing . Congratulations again.
Thank you Ray

A great GAW Barrett! Congratulations Dwight! That’s a great knife!
Thank you Ron

Great knife, great GAW, great photos... Congratulations, Dwight

Congrats Dwight and thanks for one of the most creative threads I've been a part of btb01.
Thank you

Great photos, can't wait to see more
Thank you Taylor

Barretts knife arrived yesterday. I am blown away. First off this gorgeous piece of cutlery was made by GEC back in the early days of the company which gives one an idea of their quality even in the beginning. This beauty is 4 1/2” long closed, 11/16” thick and well over an inch wide. F&F, W&T and pull is perfect. Back springs tight and flush closed, at half stop and open. Square cut tang dead flush closed and at half stop. Blades centered. Did I mention the jigging is flawless? This beast of beauty was also accompanied by a genuine quarter from the great state of Minnesota. :D I will let the images speak for themselves. :cool:

Allow me to say thank you once more Barrett. It is humbling to be the recipient of such generosity. Thanks again to everyone involved. :)View attachment 1083390View attachment 1083391 View attachment 1083392View attachment 1083393 View attachment 1083394View attachment 1083395 View attachment 1083396View attachment 1083397 View attachment 1083398

I’m glad you like the knife, Dwight, and thanks for sharing those fantastic photos of it! (I’m glad you got one that shows off the square-end and the flush tangs; I love that feature of this knife!) :thumbsup:

WooHooooo!!!!!!! That is a spectacular prize of a knife to win!!!! I can't thank you enough Barrett for a fantastic GAW that was much fun to participate in. You are a very generous fellow and I appreciate such a fine gesture. This baby will be here from now on and handed down to the grandson. Thank you to all those who participated.

Thanks Jack. :D

Thanks Alan. :D

Barrett tell your beautiful little helper I said "thank you" and the checks in the mail! :D
Congrats Dwight! Just saw the updates on this thread... you deserve it, I'm sure I'm not the only one that admires your photo skills :):thumbsup:

You could try to imitate anyone, just take the photo with the lights off like this:D:D

5149-FC09-5403-443-D-A29-E-AD067-D9-BAF3-D.jpg
I think this is an imitation of a photo btb01 btb01 posted in the Treasure Hunt thread one time LoL

What a fun thread. Congrats to the winner. I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't carve out some time to participate. Unfortunately, the more I thought about it, I would have no chance without a little copyright theft and more Photoshop skills than I have. :D

But will say, the first artists that came to mind were....

Horsewright Horsewright for his amazing real life action shots. And as if the photography wasn't enough, but his subject matter also includes both his knives and spectacular leathercraft.

And

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley for his articulate staging of both lightbox and natural light artistic layouts.

I’m glad you like the knife, Dwight, and thanks for sharing those fantastic photos of it! (I’m glad you got one that shows off the square-end and the flush tangs; I love that feature of this knife!)
Thank you Barrett, for everything!

Congrats Dwight! Just saw the updates on this thread... you deserve it, I'm sure I'm not the only one that admires your photo skills
Thank you Kevin for your kind words. They are much appreciated my friend.

What a fun thread. Congrats to the winner. I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't carve out some time to participate. Unfortunately, the more I thought about it, I would have no chance without a little copyright theft and more Photoshop skills than I have. :D

Horsewright Horsewright for his amazing real life action shots. And as if the photography wasn't enough, but his subject matter also includes both his knives and spectacular leathercraft.

And

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley for his articulate staging of both lightbox and natural light artistic layouts.
Thank you and I couldn't agree more about Dave and Gary. :)

And

Thank you sir!

Thank you Barrett, for everything!

Thank you Kevin for your kind words. They are much appreciated my friend.

Thank you and I couldn't agree more about Dave and Gary. :)
Congrats! and thanks.

And

Interesting thread for sure and Congrats to the winner as well !

And thanks for the mention, glad some folks enjoy the shots and who doesn't like to picture themselves out west riding the range along side Horsewright Horsewright ;)
G2

Back