The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

Inkosi MC Tanto arrived. It is a flat-ground tip, .20 BTE, and a tad under 3.5 inches to the tip measure this way:

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

What a pig! This is the one I plan to abuse when abuse is likely.

Edit: It looks flat-ground, but is ever-so-slightly convex on the tip.

To the Inkosi Tanto havin'-people,

Anybody using a Wicked Edge on a Tanto? If so, how did you like the v-edge vs the factory convex? I'm considering keeping the Tanto convex and learning how to sharpen it by hand.

jacobconroy75 jacobconroy75 just so ya know when you sent those pics it inspired me to sell the ignosi and order the tanto version. Just like the tanto much better. That’s a great looking knife!
Haha. I think you'll like it. It's surprisingly better than I expected it to be. I had to cut some strapping in a tiny little space today. The angle of the tip made it very easy to reach more-or-less straight in there and carefully cut through it. Made me smile.

Haha. I think you'll like it. It's surprisingly better than I expected it to be. I had to cut some strapping in a tiny little space today. The angle of the tip made it very easy to reach more-or-less straight in there and carefully cut through it. Made me smile.
I agree, the tanto is very versatile and one of if not my favorite type of blades. The insigno blade was growing on me but I really love these cf versions and figured I’d rather have it in tanto. Still going to get a inlay insigno to complete the inkosi collection.

I really like the look of the Rinkhals…when open. When closed it bothers me how much the corner of the tang sticks out. It took me a long time to figure out what about it didn’t appeal to me. It makes me feel like the design isn’t quite refined. Otherwise it’s such a great looking small knife. I love slip joints, they are on the something.

I really like the look of the Rinkhals…when open. When closed it bothers me how much the corner of the tang sticks out. It took me a long time to figure out what about it didn’t appeal to me. It makes me feel like the design isn’t quite refined. Otherwise it’s such a great looking small knife. I love slip joints, they are on the something.
I can see that. I will say overall the fit and finish on this one is pretty fantastic. It is very refined feeling in hand. I’ve been in love the last 24 hours having it in possession. I took the clip off to fifth pocket carry it and that seems to be the way I’ll run it.

Back