The Inkosi Appreciation Thread

I have a weird question for anyone who owns a large tanto inkosi, is the blade slightly shorter than other variations?

I have a weird question for anyone who owns a large tanto inkosi, is the blade slightly shorter than other variations?
Yes. Ive owned a few and everyone was sub 3.5 inches. So were 2 of my 3 Inkosi Insingo

Yes, at least on mine.

Here is a comparison of my large tanto and large drop point. The tanto is just a bit shorter.
53613458048_cb1a7285cd_b.jpg

And zoomed in on the blade ends.
53613244781_0de39688b8_b.jpg

Hmm, if anyone could take a picture with a ruler for specifications that would be awesome! It might make the inkosi legal for colorado

Hmm, if anyone could take a picture with a ruler for specifications that would be awesome! It might make the inkosi legal for colorado
If they are going to seize your knife, they are going to use the manufacturers' numbers (3.6") for justification in any proceeding, regardless of whether that's tip to scale or to plunge line.

If you're that worried about having your knife seized, I'd recommend carrying something else. (Or living somewhere else...but I digress.)

Just my opinion. (I've never seized anyone's knife unless they were being arrested on totally unrelated charges (federally.)

If they are going to seize your knife, they are going to use the manufacturers' numbers (3.6") for justification in any proceeding, regardless of whether that's tip to scale or to plunge line.

If you're that worried about having your knife seized, I'd recommend carrying something else. (Or living somewhere else...but I digress.)

Just my opinion. (I've never seized anyone's knife unless they were being arrested on totally unrelated charges (federally.)
Well I never have gotten in trouble with the law or had any bad interactions with them, I just want to carry something with a legal blade length. I guess you're right about the 3.6 thing, but I did notice the Inkosi in tanto is shorter visibly, and maybe I could ask CRK themselves if the bladelength is actually shorter or not.

It's crazy that MD an all blue state has no law in regards to blade length (except in just a few areas) but Colorado does.

Well I never have gotten in trouble with the law or had any bad interactions with them, I just want to carry something with a legal blade length. I guess you're right about the 3.6 thing, but I did notice the Inkosi in tanto is shorter visibly, and maybe I could ask CRK themselves if the bladelength is actually shorter or not.
You could, but I guarantee it's a losing proposition with Officer Friendly if he's of a mind to take your knife.

My opinion is that you shouldn't worry about it.

(Tell him it's 3.4". Nobody told him there'd be math and he'll feel like he kept you in line. ☺️ )

You could, but I guarantee it's a losing proposition with Officer Friendly if he's of a mind to take your knife.

My opinion is that you shouldn't worry about it.

(Tell him it's 3.4". Nobody told him there'd be math and he'll feel like he kept you in line. ☺️ )
Well I am a bit too much of an overthinker, just got off the phone will CRK and they said they would ask their production manager. If it is 3.5 inches I suggested they update their website as I'm sure a lot of people in states like mine with a 3.5 inch blade limit would like it if they could legally carry a large CRK, with the company's website backing the legality as well. I'll update here when I get the answer, I'm hoping I'm right with it being shorter! The smaller CRKs just don't fit my hand well, and I worry too much to carry something not legal, even though I don't encounter law enforcement.

Well I am a bit too much of an overthinker, just got off the phone will CRK and they said they would ask their production manager. If it is 3.5 inches I suggested they update their website as I'm sure a lot of people in states like mine with a 3.5 inch blade limit would like it if they could legally carry a large CRK, with the company's website backing the legality as well. I'll update here when I get the answer, I'm hoping I'm right with it being shorter! The smaller CRKs just don't fit my hand well, and I worry too much to carry something not legal, even though I don't encounter law enforcement.
Usually they only care in CO when the knife length is a secondary offense while committing a crime. But I suppose if there’s a question about who started the fight when you defend yourself, the length could be used against you.

Still, if it’s under 3.5 inches when measured they have to return it to you, regardless of manufacturer’s specs. You could say it was modded to be legal. Custom knives often don’t have specs.

My large Inkosi insingo is 3.50 inches exactly.

Last edited:
Ya recognize you’re an overthinker now it’s just about stopping. Just get it! Your obviously not a criminal and if you are then you have bigger concerns than the blade length of your knife.

The lg inkosi tanto is an incredible knife and the time you get to spend with it before it gets confiscated will be well worth it! 😂

Just do it, you won’t regret it. One of the greatest knives ever created!

Usually they only care in CO when the knife length is a secondary offense while committing a crime. But I suppose if there’s a question about who started the fight when you defend yourself, the length could be used against you.

Still, if it’s under 3.5 inches when measured they have to return it to you, regardless of manufacturer’s specs. You could say it was modded to be legal. Custom knives often don’t have specs.

My large Inkosi insingo is 3.50 inches exactly.

The insingo is 3.5?? Wow that is actually very nice. Thank you for this

The insingo is 3.5?? Wow that is actually very nice. Thank you for this
This has been sharpened over the years, so it might be a hair over 3.5" or so when new. If it is, just sharpen a little off the tip.

Just got off the phone with CRK, they got back to me. They weren't able to give me an exact measurement but they said that the Tanto is absolutely a bit shorter than the Drop Point on the Large Inkosi. The Insingo, being in the middle between the Tanto and Drop Point in length. I like the blade shape of the Insingo, but I think I like the shorter blade of the Tanto, so I think I will go for that. If anyone has a Large Tanto laying around and would be willing to confirm it with a measurement, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise, I might just upload my own picture when it gets here.

Now the harder question... to get inlays or plain jane?

Back