The kinda unspecified CRK talk thread.

Jacques Mi

Gold Member
Since we are all here to talk about CKR and sometimes what we wan't to say or ask is too little to hold a thread of it's own, I thought we could need a place for small-talk, tittle tattle and what not.
Whatever you have to say or ask is welcome as long as it is CRK related. Photos are welcome too but keep in mind there are threads made for photos only. So bring on your random CRK pics, trivia, questions or whatever. Let's talk, shall we :)

I'll start with something that hit me lately: I really want a small PJ Sebenza in damascus but it seems that the larger version drops more frequently. Am I right in this assumption and if so, how come?

Since we are all here to talk about CKR and sometimes what we wan't to say or ask is too little to hold a thread of it's own, I thought we could need a place for small-talk, tittle tattle and what not.
Whatever you have to say or ask is welcome as long as it is CRK related. Photos are welcome too but keep in mind there are threads made for photos only. So bring on your random CRK pics, trivia, questions or whatever. Let's talk, shall we :)

I'll start with something that hit me lately: I really want a small PJ Sebenza in damascus but it seems that the larger version drops more frequently. Am I right in this assumption and if so, how come?
I've also thought about getting a PJ Sebenza. There is somthing about the PJ version thats really attractive in damascus. It's the right combination of simplicity, usefulness, and art I guess. Anyways, I'd be willing to bet the large drop more often than the small because demand. All my CRKs are the large version. I've handled a few small CRKs and they just don't do it for me. I really wish they made a medium 😂

3eed3272-2e83-4af6-bbac-0de821b4d927-png.1978039

Much want the Inyoni.
I seldom carry & use a fixed blade, but I don’t think I could pass one up if I ever found it.

Does anyone know where I could find a kydex sheath for a CRK Sable IV fixed blade? Thanks.

Aren’t you just concerned with the month/date/year and not the specific day? Maybe I don’t get what your asking, but you could always have it engraved with whatever you want. My apologies if I’ve missed the boat on your question.

Aren’t you just concerned with the month/date/year and not the specific day? Maybe I don’t get what your asking, but you could always have it engraved with whatever you want. My apologies if I’ve missed the boat on your question.
I'd like to find a knife that was made the same day my son was born, so it has his birthday on the CRK birth card. But since it was a Saturday, not sure if thats possible.

Great idea for a thread! Since we are just chatting, I sharpened my Damascus 31 for the first time this past weekend. Holy abrasives, Batman. That steel gets sharp. I don't have the Edge on Up, but I'm sure it's sharper than my s35vn and s45vn. I'm a Wicked Edge user and I always use a full diamond progression on the CPM steels, but I followed that with ceramics on the Damascus. Of course, the Damascus can't compete for edge retention, but that edge wants to bite!

Back