Photos The knife of your dreams

I am with Robert, CPK Dek is my favourite knife ever. The other here on the left, is a verrrrry close 2nd.
The Dek has a 4.5" blade length, which is perfect for me and the design (as all CPK) is a perfect balance between toughness and cutting efficiency. I use to be obsessed with ridiculous sharpened pry bars. Until I had a few and they wouldn't cut anything useful. They could pry open a tank door but their cutting ability was redundant. Then I found CPK which provide strength while still being able to cut like a laser.

pycdbsN.jpg

Last edited:
Already own the knife of my dreams. This year 10 members here got together and built a custom knife for my retirement. The thought and detail and $ they put into a knife for a man they have never met in person, I don’t have words for, only mad respect. My name is Cv, so blade 20 CV, wharncliffe blade, 50,000 yr old kauri bog scales, knot work engraving, with pins formed with layers of copper, nickel, brass.
It is my Dream knife.
View attachment 1454889 View attachment 1454886 View attachment 1454892
View attachment 1454894

This made me smile ;):cool:

Nothing fancy with a lot of bling, I like the look of a traditional knife with rugged simple looks, that will get a job done. So mine would be a ML Hudson Bay knife in 3V, which is not an impossibility. :D So, one of those medium size CPK look good to as a back up. Since this a wish list, two are better than one, where the two is one rule applies. Ok, to finish the trifecta, a Chris Reeve Folder.

Last edited:
This came up earlier. The best fidget knife I've come across is the Monterey Bay Knives EWC. It's in the lower right with carbon fiber scales.

AfK2ONFl.jpg

This came up earlier. The best fidget knife I've come across is the Monterey Bay Knives EWC. It's in the lower right with carbon fiber scales.

AfK2ONFl.jpg
The best fidget knife was my other thread haha, but I'll still take your contribution :D (I think you meant "left" tho). Or maybe your fav fidget knife is also your dream knife?

I’d like to take the aesthetics of a Gavko into the specs and action of a Shirogorov Neon Zero with a buck warranty. I’ll take 2.

also,
A buck vantage large model without a flipper, skeletonized liners, and ceramic detent would be great.

Mine is a simple one: A duplicate of my grandpa's old Victorinox Passenger. It was his most treasured knife. My brother or myself borrowed it and lost it for him one day a few decades ago. We felt bad about it for years. I'm having one built now, and I think it will become my favorite EDC. Or at least the most sentimental.

Passenger.jpg

Mine is a simple one: A duplicate of my grandpa's old Victorinox Passenger. It was his most treasured knife. My brother or myself borrowed it and lost it for him one day a few decades ago. We felt bad about it for years. I'm having one built now, and I think it will become my favorite EDC. Or at least the most sentimental.

Passenger.jpg
I love knives stories with a sentimental side, they're the best!

Writing this post got me thinking more about my dream knife, and while I love the S5 and think it's beautiful, in terms of knives I'd really want to own I think I actually like the whippersnapper better (with the sheepsfoot blade, in one of the multiple configurations I often imagine). But it's hard to choose one, there are so many I'd love to get! (but it's the point of the exercise isn't it?)
Having never held a Sebenza, I have mixed feelings about it. To me it has nothing really fancy, it looks like just any other high-end knife, it's a nice knife but it doesn't look like it has anything more special than another one. But on the other hand, if so many people consider it to be the best knife ever made, there has to be a reason, right? Everyone says "you have to hold one to understand", so maybe one day I guess...

My dream knife never would be made:
Victorinox Voyageur with titanium handle and M390 blade:cool:

They’re hitting all around it. In Maniago, SAK copy with M-390 blade. In Sekai City, SAK copy with ZDP-189 blade. In U.S.A., Canada, and Poland; SAK copies with Ti handles.

Back