THE leatherman thread

I bought my first Leatherman after mentioning to someone I would buy one if you were able to fold the blade out with one hand. "Like this" he said, bought a Wave the next day. Abused it and snapped the blade. Leatherman sent me a new tool, better than the first I bought, with locking tools.
Have a few more now. Including a Surge, little big to carry. Good tool to have in the car.

Outside opening tools are a game changer in the multi tool world, I'd like to get a surge. My old oht was quick one handed goodness.
I bought my first Leatherman after mentioning to someone I would buy one if you were able to fold the blade out with one hand. "Like this" he said, bought a Wave the next day. Abused it and snapped the blade. Leatherman sent me a new tool, better than the first I bought, with locking tools.
Have a few more now. Including a Surge, little big to carry. Good tool to have in the car.

Here's the fuline that cracked on my sled. My rebar did all the screw loosening, tube cutting, prying. I love this damn rebar.

Long time leatherman user since the PST but I've had a bad habit of losing them so I don't have anything more than 5yrs which is my skeletool since sheathed leathermans seemed to be my issue ��

Here's a pic of some of the family missing are a 2nd wave & wingman
IMG_20141121_192515_zps381069de.jpg

Here's my normal edc
IMAG3503_zpsd5de5775.jpg

Sweet collection, I hope I don't lose my rebar

The surge is a beast of a multi tool, if you get one post up pics. I think a leatherman is a must for people who use sleds and ATVs I know my leatherman have helped me out on the trail more than once.
Thanks man, I've got the feeling the surge is in my future

The surge is a beast of a multi tool, if you get one post up pics. I think a leatherman is a must for people who use sleds and ATVs I know my leatherman have helped me out on the trail more than once.

yea I'm looking for the surge to be with my street bikes and I already carry a wave on the dirtbike/quad now (that's why the 2nd one wasn't in the pic)

Oh I forgot, dirt bikes and motorcycles as well. Hell just about any vehicle should have a leatherman.
yea I'm looking for the surge to be with my street bikes and I already carry a wave on the dirtbike/quad now (that's why the 2nd one wasn't in the pic)

Been carrying a squirt ever since I traded with my dad for a case jackknife (he wanted a small knife to keep at his office) since then I have had this little guy as a weight to keep my keys in my pocket and has served me in all the jobs I have had. As a waiter at a retirement home, I have had to do repairs to vacuums and the fountain drink machine and the pliers and screwdrivers have dome in handy. used the knife to cut boxes, strip wire. As a groundskeeper at a veterinary hospital, I have had to building upkeep that always required one of the tools on it from cutting the tabs of plaster tubs, to filing down metal on a new cage so it doesn't stick an animal. At college I have used it for numerous tinkering/repair on electronic devices for myself and others. My friends now don't even ask if anyone has a knife on them, it is now "hey Mikey, can I borrow your knife?" they know so long I got my pants on, I have my squirt. It is the bare essentials for most every conceivable daily tasks. With a squirt and peanut (for food and whittling) in my pocket, I am ready for the day! With a lighter and electrical tape in one pocket and chapstick and the squirt in the other, one can accomplish many things.

Been carrying a squirt ever since I traded with my dad for a case jackknife (he wanted a small knife to keep at his office) since then I have had this little guy as a weight to keep my keys in my pocket and has served me in all the jobs I have had. As a waiter at a retirement home, I have had to do repairs to vacuums and the fountain drink machine and the pliers and screwdrivers have dome in handy. used the knife to cut boxes, strip wire. As a groundskeeper at a veterinary hospital, I have had to building upkeep that always required one of the tools on it from cutting the tabs of plaster tubs, to filing down metal on a new cage so it doesn't stick an animal. At college I have used it for numerous tinkering/repair on electronic devices for myself and others. My friends now don't even ask if anyone has a knife on them, it is now "hey Mikey, can I borrow your knife?" they know so long I got my pants on, I have my squirt. It is the bare essentials for most every conceivable daily tasks. With a squirt and peanut (for food and whittling) in my pocket, I am ready for the day! With a lighter and electrical tape in one pocket and chapstick and the squirt in the other, one can accomplish many things.

Good stuff man

I can't remember how long I have had this one. I wonder if I can get a new sheath? Any way my brother sent it to me for Christmas one year. Its worse off for ware but it still gets things done. I think this is the original model. I carry it every day.
P1010072_zpsbe92daac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite Leatherman tool is the Micra. I carry it and use daily. Micra goes in my LFP with my money clip. EDC knife of the day (usually an Opinel, but sometimes this old Buck 500 or something else) in my RFP with loose change.

Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

Anytime I go into the woods, I carry a small "Essentials" kit and that kit has a small Squirt in it. The pliers are used for equipment repair including driving a needle through heavy fabric. For ultralight trips, this is the only knife I'll carry. Generally I carry the Opinel though.

Outdoor Carry by Pinnah, on Flickr

I don't need pliers with me every minute of every day like I do with scissors and a knife. But, I generally always have a day pack with me, at least in the car. I've switched packs and now carry a Mountainsmith fanny pack/shoulder bag but the Leatherman Blast still rides there. It's relatively light and packs full size functionality.
EDC Back Ups by Pinnah, on Flickr

No picture, but an old Wave sits on the work bench in my barn.

Now that's a carried leatherman! That sheath has been worn once or twice lol I do believe you can get another sheath for it on the leatherman website, there not expensive either.
I can't remember how long I have had this one. I wonder if I can get a new sheath? Any way my brother sent it to me for Christmas one year. Its worse off for ware but it still gets things done. I think this is the original model. I carry it every day.
P1010072_zpsbe92daac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like that combo, I've never had an opinel maybe I'll pick one up. Any suggestions?
My favorite Leatherman tool is the Micra. I carry it and use daily. Micra goes in my LFP with my money clip. EDC knife of the day (usually an Opinel, but sometimes this old Buck 500 or something else) in my RFP with loose change.

Untitled by Pinnah, on Flickr

Anytime I go into the woods, I carry a small "Essentials" kit and that kit has a small Squirt in it. The pliers are used for equipment repair including driving a needle through heavy fabric. For ultralight trips, this is the only knife I'll carry. Generally I carry the Opinel though.

Outdoor Carry by Pinnah, on Flickr

I don't need pliers with me every minute of every day like I do with scissors and a knife. But, I generally always have a day pack with me, at least in the car. I've switched packs and now carry a Mountainsmith fanny pack/shoulder bag but the Leatherman Blast still rides there. It's relatively light and packs full size functionality.
EDC Back Ups by Pinnah, on Flickr

No picture, but an old Wave sits on the work bench in my barn.

Now that's a carried leatherman! That sheath has been worn once or twice lol I do believe you can get another sheath for it on the leatherman website, there not expensive either.

Thank you I will look into that new sheath before I lose this tool. It seems that everything I have is worn out. My hunting knifes sheaths are not much better. Same pocket knife since the 70's, I could go on and on. Its almost embarrasing to post my stuff.

Back