The Les George Knives Thread

Dude, you guys have inflated the Les George market quite a bit... And I'm not happy about it... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜… Seriously though, I've been watching Les Georges on the market since before all this recent BF Les George madness, and it's gotten significantly harder to find one for a good price. I got real interested in his designs about a decade and a half ago, but for some reason never pulled the trigger on one. I kick myself quite frequently because about 8 months ago I found a really cool VECP with a really cool laser engraving job for like $345, but mulled the purchase over for an hour or two extra because I had already bought too many knives in that time period, and ended up losing it. That SOB still calls out to me in my dreams....๐Ÿ˜“

Dude, you guys have inflated the Les George market quite a bit... And I'm not happy about it... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜… Seriously though, I've been watching Les Georges on the market since before all this recent BF Les George madness, and it's gotten significantly harder to find one for a good price. I got real interested in his designs about a decade and a half ago, but for some reason never pulled the trigger on one. I kick myself quite frequently because about 8 months ago I found a really cool VECP with a really cool laser engraving job for like $345, but mulled the purchase over for an hour or two extra because I had already bought too many knives in that time period, and ended up losing it. That SOB still calls out to me in my dreams....๐Ÿ˜“
Blame it all on mitchnola mitchnola ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yeah............you wont even find a carried PJ V1 VECP for that low of a price currently.

It wasnโ€™t me, I swear!!

Itโ€™s all the button locks fault!!!

Curious as to why ya waited so long to try the vecp. Iโ€™ve always wondered why Iโ€™ve come across so many long time collectors that havenโ€™t ever tried one.

And I assure you theyโ€™re not inflated, just finally getting what theyโ€™re worth. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You think that's bad, try finding a flipper VECP! Took me months and a lot of help from a friend to find one!

Curious as to why ya waited so long to try the vecp. Iโ€™ve always wondered why Iโ€™ve come across so many long time collectors that havenโ€™t ever tried one.

And I assure you theyโ€™re not inflated, just finally getting what theyโ€™re worth. ๐Ÿ˜‰
TOTALLY agree on the value Mitch.

Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly why I never pulled the trigger on a Les George. I first came across them, and started liking what he was making, when I got into the knife scene for the first time back in around 2007. I always felt like he was kind of an underdog, although his knives were pretty popular in a particular niche of the knife community even back then. He's been in the game a long time. I'm really just not sure why I never got one. Honestly, probably just because nothing came up for sale used when I was in a knife buying mood and had the means, and then I'd always get something else in the mean time and be out of knife funds when one did inevitably come up. I'll probably get a framelock VECP before too long. I really like the MK3 too, but the blade length is a tiny bit bigger than what I usually like to carry.

The MK3 is the smoothest action on washers that you will ever experience. The VECP will be the one of the best EDC knives in fit and function that money can buy. Honestly the button locks are phenomenal if you aren't sold on the frame lock. mitchnola mitchnola how'd I do?

The MK3 is the smoothest action on washers that you will ever experience. The VECP will be the one of the best EDC knives in fit and function that money can buy. Honestly the button locks are phenomenal if you aren't sold on the frame lock. mitchnola mitchnola how'd I do?
You are now a shepherd! Lead them to the light. This is the way!

Haha, yeah I keep hearing about how smooth their actions are. I do like me a good washer action. Well, I'll let my knife funds marinate for a little longer, and then probably pounce on one before too long.

Haha, yeah I keep hearing about how smooth their actions are. I do like me a good washer action. Well, I'll let my knife funds marinate for a little longer, and then probably pounce on one before too long.
Just a personal quibble, I prefer the stonewash blades to the satin. Just something to consider. Either way, the MK3 is a phenomenal knife.

Back