The Marble's USA Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Smithhammer, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Gladesman

Gladesman

Dec 28, 2017
    Check out the 24 Hour Campfire Forum under a thread "Marble Knife Steel". The post were made in 2012. Probably not hard to find. There were post in that thread by some individuals apparently very knowledgeable on the subject of the history of Marble knives. Much better to read it from the source. The discussion is regarding Marble knives during the last several years during which they were manufactured in the U.S.

2. Matt Bernier

Matt Bernier

Aug 19, 2017
    Rescued this old beauty from the edge of the grave. Here it is as it came to me, rusted, but with a sound handle, almost all of it's edge intact, and STILL HAVING A TIP:
    [​IMG]
    Here it is after some TLC:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thankfully, none of this deep pitting was on the edge (And more came away with a bit more finishing that I did after this, evening out my satin.):
    [​IMG]
    It immediately edged out my Western as my favorite firemaking knife. They both cut better than my Bark River, which is itself no slouch, compared to most knives.

I LOVE the way the base of this edge is formed, and I wish more knives did this.

3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    NICE rescue Matt:thumbsup::cool:

Bloefield and Matt Bernier like this.
  4. Matt Bernier

Matt Bernier

Aug 19, 2017
    Thanks! I've been rewarded with a performer like nothing I've ever used.

Bloefield likes this.
  5. Recoil Rob

Recoil Rob

Feb 13, 2008
    I posted this in the general forum but perhaps I can get more info here, real or counterfeit Marbles? Purchased at a gunshow about 25 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  6. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Beautiful knife, Matt and a great save. I love a good convex edge myself!

Bloefield and Matt Bernier like this.
  7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I just "liked" a post on the first page. Someone will be surprised if he's still alive.

8. Readyeseve

Readyeseve

Dec 29, 2012
    Among my late grandpa's things. Don't know much/anything about it. But...pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    The most popular outdoor knife pattern in the U.S. in the two or three decades before WW II. Copied all over the world when the patent ran out. You have a much less common model. Congrats!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Readyeseve likes this.
  10. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    That,to me is beautiful. For some reason, be it the beautifully aged stag,pristine blade or whatever, really struck a chord with me.

dc50 likes this.
  11. M.C. Hobbs

M.C. Hobbs

Dec 5, 2019
    I have my Dad's old Woodcraft .. guessing the date is early 50's or earlier .. Marbles logo on one side, other side bare, leather handle with aluminum butt, sheath is plain and original. Much used as his deer knife and still totally usable. Ideas??

12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Welcome to Bladeforums....I say continue to use it!!

13. sceva

sceva Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2002
    This is my only Marble's; USA made Marble's Gladstone, MI from the Mike Stewart era.

It is a Campcraft model, SFO for the Ohio Gun Collector's Association.

OGCA Marbles Campcraft 2000.jpg OGCA Marbles Campcraft 2000 blade 2.JPG OGCA Marbles Campcraft Marking.jpg OGCA Marbles Campcraft 2000 carton.jpg OGCA Marbles Campcraft 2000 box.jpg

14. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Here's a shot of my Dad's Marbles hunting knife. He bought it in Rapid City, SD on the way to his first big hunt Near Gillette, Wyoming back in 1952. The original sheath disintegrated many years ago so I had a new one made. The knife had been badly neglected so I restored it. The only pitting is on the pile side of the knife and luckily not on the edge of the blade. Note the bakelite pommel. I've never seen that on other Marbles hunting knives but then again, I'm no expert. The entire knife is original except for the restoration work I did on the blade. I still use it for hunting.
    IMG_1948.JPG