The Mighty Little Leek

I got my Leek yesterday. I'm kicking myself for not giving it a proper chance the first time I had one. I had the mottled blue one and it was GORGEOUS.

Today alone, I:
  • Cut the shrink wrap on a jar of giardiniera; the fine tip came in handy getting under it!
  • Cut up an apple; this thing is SO slicey! Puts a Delica to shame.
  • Cut a loose thread on my sweatshirt
  • Showed it to my daughter. She was so mad at me. She said: "Dad, why did you do this to me?!"
    "Do you like it?"
    "I LOVE it!"
    I think I will re-gift it to her for Christmas and get myself a red one with the black blade. Hopefully, I can find a Snap-on one. (I work for Snap-on)
It is comfortable in the hand, and sharpens up razor sharp.

It seems assisted opening is going out of style, but I like it. It flies open with AUTHORITY, even with poor technique or with the off hand. It also takes a lot less pressure to open, as we don't need to defeat a detent with enough force to open the blade; just enough to get it moving.

Someone said they prefer a Blur. I bought my brother a Blur at one point; he loved it, but managed to lose it somehow. It's kind of a monster, and is not as easy to sharpen, with that recurve blade shape.

I'm looking at this, but I sure can't see where the torsion spring is or how it works. Are there diagrams anywhere?

The spring is inside a capture plate inside the scales, on the side that has the smaller washer. It’s kept in a thick grease bath, to keep it lubed and from making too much noise. It can be removed if you disassemble the knife.

These little folders are a lot of fun!

Where are all the Randoms?

1660ylbw_profile_web.png

Back