The Missing Pages in the HI Catalog

All right, fellas, I'm a-diggin' this old thread up from the grave, not merely to keep it visible for new customers, but to ADD to it. For having just gotten a Khuk from a kami who's not mentioned on the site, I figure it's time to add a "Missing page" on some of the unlisted smiths: Sgt. Khadka, Vim, Get, "Little" Sher, and so on.

Someone posted some info in Vim just a little while ago; I'll have to dig it up. Meanwhile, anything on the others? I also presume that there's some whom I've overlooked.......

Nicholas, along with some help from some other folks you have done a magnificent job here and you are to be commended sir!:thumbup: :cool:

I haven't looked at the H.I. Website in quite a long while so I haven't a clue as to what may or may not be missing.
With that said I did notice that the Manjusharee, I may have the spelling off as I'm going by memory here, is missing among the swords you have listed on what for me is the 2nd page, this is the third page for me.

I'll look, too, but if i didn't put it in, I must have thought that they had it already...or something. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Yeah, the Manjushree's definitely missing. But, there's plenty of room in that post, so let's just dig up some pics & info, and we can stick it right in!

I recall some time ago before H.I. began their Bonecutter line, the Kamis created this utterly magnificent khukuri which was a sort-of Bonecutter/AngKhola hybrid.

It was basically a Chiruwa Ang Khola with a somewhat lighter blade and I believe it had more of a point to it also, similar to the point found on a BAS or M43.

As I recall it was proposed to be named the Super CAK.

I'm disappointed these never became part of the regular HI offerings. Had this happened, I definitely would have bought one had a 20" Super CAK appeared on a DotD.

I loved that design!

:(

Yup, as a helper in the bonecutter files, the Super CAK was a hybrid prototype... One and only so far.

Here's a flashback:

267592470_GQTjq-O.jpg

ah, and here's a comparison shot with some older blade, some of which have not been seen in forever...

268344256_ou2LL-L.jpg

top to bottom:
rather large old skool GRS, 25 inches 42 ounces
CAK - 23 inches, 54 ounces
GRS - 21.5 inches, 43 ounces
CAK - 20 inches, ?? ounces
SUPER CAK - ...

sorry, my notes seem to be missing the last dozen khurkis i've gotten, including two bone cutters, and some i've sold.

Bladite

Last edited:
also, while i'm at it, there's quite a lot of variation in foxy follies. ranging from the original HEAVY and long beasts, to thinner and thinner version; then a gaggle in a wondrous leaf shape in the 18 inch range, at various weights; then some short ones, and lately, a neo foxy with a companion knife. good stuff.

Bladite

I might have missed it, but is the Falcata in there anywhere?

There's also the Panjabi Churi (Yangdu's pics):
PANJABICHURI04.jpg

PANJABICHURI01.jpg

PANJABICHURI02.jpg

PANJABICHURI03.jpg

Aaaaaallllrighty then:

Thanks to everyone for the info. The "Super AK" can go into the first page of "Special Runs." Interesting piece!

I'll incorporate the Manjushree info to its entry, ASAP. If I'm lucky, I may even be able to add something to it. (Good thing I've bookmarked Wikipedia.)

I'm pretty sure that I got the Churi, but that's a VERY nice pair of pictures!

The Falcata is on the main website.

I have to head out to a job fair right now, but I'll get cracking on this, as soon as I can.

The manjushree sword has just been added. Other khuks (Amar, Batase, Bhaktapure Ceremonial, etc.) are coming soon.

I am seriously considering whether to re-organize the items already listed, here AND on the site, along the following lines:

"WORKHORSE" KHUKURIS (Ang Khola, Bonecutter, etc.)
MARTIAL ARTS/LIGHT KHUKURIS (Sirupati, Kumar Kobra, etc.)
MILITARY MODELS (BAS, WW2, M43)
PRESENTATION-GRADE (Kothimoda, Dhankuta, Hanuman, etc.)
ETHNIC/LOCAL (Batase, Bhaktapure, Katunje, Tamang, etc.)
COMMEMORATIVE/HISTORICAL (Amar Singh Tapa, Bhimsen Tapa, Kancha Kami[?], Shree Ten Chandra Shamsher, UBE, etc.)

KNIVES: BOWIES
KNIVES: R-SERIES
KNIVES: OTHER
SWORDS
OTHER TOOLS
SPECIAL RUNS
DISCONTINUED MODELS

Would that about cover everything?

Last edited:
Those categories should cover it all Nicholas, is it too early to start thinking about site layout? if not i'd like to mock something up (I don't have any experience but i'd like to help with something).

Excellent work getting all this info together and pushing for a site redo. :thumbup:

not sure if you got it already or where it should go,but 5 r.b. masterpieces were made.and discontinued immediately.better memories can probably fill in the blanks.

"RB masterpieces"? I'm not familiar with the term, I'm afraid. But if there's something to document, I guess it goes in.

I'm not really "pushing" for anything; a site rebuild is far, far more than HI can manage right now. But as I add in more long-lost items to this thread, it gets harder and harder to know where to put them in. So, I just might start a NEW thread, this time organizing everything differently. But first, I have to get all this stuff together, so that HI can use it later.

(This whole thing started as just my attempting to be useful, but it's "rolled downhill" into a huge, long-term project.)

The site layout isn't something I've been thinking about; I only hope to improve the amount and the organization of the information. But, if you want to contribute something, or try something new, I'm happy to have the help!
So, I figure that I'll work, in the long run, first on adding these last items to this thread, and then starting a new one for the full re-organization. This will take a LONG time, so don't feel rushed.

Thanks, Corporal. It's a beautiful piece, and with its brethren, should make an interesting write-up.

Back