The Mountian Bike Thread..

Thats an awesome bike J. People think I am nuts when I take off the fancy pedals and switch for something I can use with my normal shoes...

I can't stand not being able to jump on my bike without changing shoes...I know how you feel.

Having to have specific shoes is pretty crappy. I may use spd types for very untechnical xc but anything dangerous or sketchy. I need my feet

Maybe better on a road bike. I could see really using the full push/pull range there. I never had problems in the woods without them. Have fun riding J.

X-country I use clip-ons.Just have to get used to getting in and out. It's pretty natural after awhile. Technical stuff = platforms.

Clipless. Shimano PD M545s are pretty kick ass actually. Best of both worlds. That is what I use.

Good Squish. Cali x-country is fairly tame. No crash problems. If there are a lot of rocks,tree stumps,or other obstacles I use platforms.

Very good idea. Shimano makes a pedal that is platform on one side and clipless on other.

Good Squish. Cali x-country is fairly tame. No crash problems. If there are a lot of rocks,tree stumps,or other obstacles I use platforms.

Come out to the birthplace of mountain biking J. My hometown, Marin County. Best single track you can find is on Mt. Tam. Home of Repack.

Back