The NEW Post Your Campsite/gear/knife/hiking/anything Outdoorsy Pic Thread!

Yup. 4.5" wide and studded.
That is freakin' awesome! My wife and I love cycling and usually get around 2,000 miles/year. But we've never been cycling in the snow.

These winter outdoor photos remind me how much I used to love backpacking in winter! Not sure it would be such a great idea anymore, now that I'm in my 60s. :( Maybe I better stick to cycling, hiking, kayaking and camping - minus the snow and temps below 25 F. I miss it, though. I have some great memories.

That is freakin' awesome! My wife and I love cycling and usually get around 2,000 miles/year. But we've never been cycling in the snow.

These winter outdoor photos remind me how much I used to love backpacking in winter! Not sure it would be such a great idea anymore, now that I'm in my 60s. :( Maybe I better stick to cycling, hiking, kayaking and camping - minus the snow and temps below 25 F. I miss it, though. I have some great memories.

Biking on snow can be a lot of fun. It can also be a lot of work. Just like all winter travel, it's very conditions-dependent. But when conditions are right, it can be kind of surreal, and really fun. I'm fortunate enough to live in a place with a pretty motivated fat bike community, and so we have a variety of groomed trails to take advantage of, and a number of them are within riding distance of my house. In addition to a number of groomed XC/multi-use tracks, some of our summer singletrack trails are being groomed now as well, and so it has really turned into a mtn biking season that never ends.

I mountain bike as well and in the past I have ridden all winter long nearly everyday in snowy conditions.

Back